Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some people don't know when enough is enough
LONDONER Wrote:The whole effect is totally groteque, especially those trapizius muscles. The look like some hideous growth.

Yeah, this guy was nuts, especially since he was putting his health and stability of his limbs into question. But that's pretty much an afterthought with everybody here. The main responses here are "ugly", "grotesque", and what not. The idea being, apparently, that people should be molding their bodies into shapes that please US. But he obviously liked what he was doing to himself (the dangerous part notwithstanding).

Lex

does he want to dye himself green too?

okay, he has arms that resemble arms somewhat, but what the fuck is that thing around his neck? that's not supposed to be there.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Lexington Wrote:The idea being, apparently, that people should be molding their bodies into shapes that please US. But he obviously liked what he was doing to himself (the dangerous part notwithstanding).

everybody does it. we do it for others and we do it for ourselves.

we all want to be sexually attractive. we know we can't be attractive to every person on the planet, but nobody aims to scare away 100% of the population. we just don't minimize our chances like that.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

It's a shame because in the process of getting a more aesthetic body they loose contact with reality and become obsession until it gets grotesque and as in case has life consequences

Talk about turn off... But its his life i guess

ceez Wrote:That looks like something you only see in movies like dr.jekyll and mr.hyde.

i was thinking about Notre Dame...

This really is similar to anorexia found so often in women. There is nothing wrong with a woman wanting to look lean for the look of it. It can also be healthy to maintain that weight, but when it goes from skinny to super skinny, it is dangerous, not only her but also to others when the idea of thin at any cost is pushed as an ideal. There is something similar in wanting to be muscular. There is nothing wrong with that. I even find a large, muscular man very appealing. When it goes to extremes, however, when the means to get there are very dangerous and negate the healthy benefits of maintaining a muscular body, it is something completely different. You will find a lot of men that see that ideal and that is dangerous.

Notice the double standard in these situations. When a woman becomes anorexic, it is not very often you hear something like, "It's not for me, but it's her life." We see that as something that needs intervention to save her life. Yet when it is a man that is doing something very unhealthy and something life threatening to go to extremes in muscularity, like the guy in this story, and at the same time influencing others who see that as ideal, we just write it off and say "Eh, it's his life." Few see the need to step in and try to save a life.

ask him to put his own bow tie on for a wedding and watch his face lol ...way over the top - and why would he only train his arms and shoulders....he hasn't done any lower body from that pic...no abbs etc , that's strange