Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somebody please reply!
I’ve never been as confused as now. I feel like my head is going to burst out and a part of me wishes it would. I always knew I was a different. Even when I was in my teens, a part of me knew I was attracted to the same sex. I kept rejecting it and I hoped I’d grow out of it. But now that I’ve started college I can’t keep denying it any more. It is as clear as can be. But the worst part is now that I’ve accepted it I’m not so sure if I’m completely gay or if that word fully defines my sexuality. I’m still attracted to women. And I can’t identify myself as someone who parades in pink, wear makeup, likes girly pop (because that’s how mainstream media portrays a gay guy). Can’t you be a guy who is very unlike that and still be gay? Coming out openly isn’t an option. My parents are Christians and i dread their reaction if they find out. My friends aren’t much help either and I can’t stand feeling sorry for myself. So what do I do? Let things be? Doesn't that make the biggest hypocrite around?! And if I tell my close friends about this and they don’t react positively, would things ever be the same?

My first thought...examine your use of the word "normal"...and keep examining it until you evolve ...

You will get the answers to the rest of your questions if you ask the right ones of yourself....

I would tell you not to let anyone else define you...but until you stop defining other people as normal/not normal...it is of no use.

If you are attracted to both men and women, you're more likely bisexual than gay. Gay person is only attracted to his/her own sex.

Quote:Can’t you be a guy who has normal preferences and still be gay?

Of course you can. That's just a stereotype that gay men wear pink and makeup and speak in high pitched voices. There are some gays who really do that but there's also a lot of gay men who are ordinary masculine looking guys that no one would think are gay and they have masculine interests - mechanics, beer drinking, sports, etc. I'm one for example. When I came out, lots of people were very surprised because they didn't have any suspicion that I'm gay.

It's up to you how you want to present yourself. Don't follow stereotypes.

Parades in pink and wears makeup??? wth have you been watching? Only a very small percentage follows that stereotype.

Don't think of gay guys like the mainstream pictures gay guys. I mean I don't wear pink, make-up and I hate girly pop. Gay guys come in all shapes and sizes, just like the straights.

I understand. normal was not the right word. I've met an openly gay guy and i couldn't identify myself as one that was portrayed my mainstream media. i'm still trying figure to myself out.

Ignore mainstream media, just be who you are and be true to yourself , you do not have to fit ino a certain 'type'.

As for your family and friends some will react positively and sadly some may not. Surround yourself with as many people as you can that support you , and if you need it seek out further help. Talk to people such as your Doctor or reach out to your local LGBT community.

The media thing got me at first too. I was like....I don't want to be a hairdresser and then I got confused, lol. I don't know much about the media in India, but here it started getting better with actually showing gay guys as not nearly as one dimensional.

Imagine living a life free from any sort of externally imposed social "box" or "label". So, you're attracted to men. So, you're attracted to women. So you act on these attractions.

So what? It's what you do. It's what you enjoy. It gives you and them pleasure.

Coolio! Smile

simple Wrote:I’ve never been as confused as now. I feel like my head is going to burst out and a part of me wishes it would. I always knew I was a different. Even when I was in my teens, a part of me knew I was attracted to the same sex. I kept rejecting it and I hoped I’d grow out of it. But now that I’ve started college I can’t keep denying it any more. It is as clear as can be. But the worst part is now that I’ve accepted it I’m not so sure if I’m completely gay or if that word fully defines my sexuality. I’m still attracted to women. And I can’t identify myself as someone who parades in pink, wear makeup, likes girly pop (because that’s how mainstream media portrays a gay guy). Can’t you be a guy who is very unlike that and still be gay? Coming out openly isn’t an option. My parents are Christians and i dread their reaction if they find out. My friends aren’t much help either and I can’t stand feeling sorry for myself. So what do I do? Let things be? Doesn't that make the biggest hypocrite around?! And if I tell my close friends about this and they don’t react positively, would things ever be the same?

what the fuck?

I have been out for 35 years with a partner almost as long ans here's the thing. We live on a farm....I can repair equipment...dress like a scruff...handle a chainsaw and I can also throw a formal candlelit dinner party at the end of the day with food, music, wines and table settings perfect.

I have never worn make-up...or paraded around in pink...or liked girly pop.

The first thing you need to do is straighten out your thinking about what being a homo is. And get rid of the silly stereotyping.

And then accept that you might just be bi. Or once you realize that you can be as 'manly' as you feel natural being....that you can still like cock.