Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somebody please reply!
Being gay or bi is not about how you act, it is about who you love. How you act is part of your personality, and I know many straight guys who have stereo typical gay traits. Whether you are gay or bi, you are still you, and your sexuality does not have to change any of that.

Yes, We're Gay But...:

When you were in your teens, Simple ? You are nineteen, if we are to believe your profile. You are still a teenager. Your brain is still forming connections and you're probably not completely grown up yet. Give your brain and heart time to evolve and make more definite choices. I'm not sure you have to define yourself right now, but now is probably a time to take in some experience and to try and see where that leads you.
There will be a moment when your truth trranspires, whether you tell people or not, at some point someone will start questioning your social life and who you are attracted to. So you could be the "asexual" guy, the one who's not interested in having a relationship, the one who is dedicated to the community in order to fill a big void -- that is if you feel that void -- you could be the artist, the one that everyone admires secretly but feels sorry for because he's "so tormented and instable"... but most of all you could just be Mr Ordinary (with a different type of sexual drive). The thing is you have to see how things pan out for you socially and also legally. What are you and what are you not allowed to do in Kerala? This might colour how you play out the rest of your life.
As for your parents, if they are true Christians, let's hope they understand the idea of Love being of the utmost importance in the expression of their faith. Being Christian doesn't mean judging others for choices they haven't made. Your job is to convince them at some point that it's nothing they did, nothing you did, but maybe something God did... or planned (that is if you believe in God) -- some people say that God doesn't make mistakes, and they might well be right.
By the way, Welcome to GaySpeak, Simple. Keep healthy.

JCasey Wrote:Yes, We're Gay But...:
Good choice of a video JCasey, if it weren't for the unnecessary use of the words "I hate" which really mean "I dislike"... just one of those figures of speech.

Look, I can truly say that I felt like that way back in my teenage years. I'm pretty newly out actually, it took me a long time to accept myself and start telling my friends, and family. But the whole acceptance process tend to be difficult. This varies on each person.

simple Wrote:And I can’t identify myself as someone who parades in pink, wear makeup, likes girly pop (because that’s how mainstream media portrays a gay guy). Can’t you be a guy who is very unlike that and still be gay?

And trust me, not every single one of us wear make up or parade in pink or like girly pop. It's just a stereotype. Don't worry, you can still be manly, listen to hip-hop or rap or metal and be gay, it's okay.
Whatever you choose to do, you have all of us in here to help you out.
At least, you can count on me Smile