Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone just broke my heart today
I feel like shit....
He started ignoring me. Why don't just give me a reason?
I just want to talk to someone. But I turn around and no one there...

Sorry to hear that PP, I don't want to resort to trite platitudes, because we've all heard them before. Someone who just starts ignoring someone is clearly just an immature asshole.

Bighug

[Image: bearhug2.jpg]

Well sometimes people who have lost interest are too afraid to face things directly. It's generally not a nice thing to do (just start ignoring someone) but it happens a lot to a lot of people, so don't take it *too* personally.

OrphanPip Wrote:Sorry to hear that PP, I don't want to resort to trite platitudes, because we've all heard them before. Someone who just starts ignoring someone is clearly just an immature asshole.

I have to agree. To further explain it, the people who do just start ignoring people tend to do so out of an inability to cope with confrontation. They tend to explain it away in their own head, saying the person they are ignoring is at fault and thus doesn't deserve the decency of explanation, but that is really just a cop out for their own insecurities. You deserve better. And, if the person refuses to give you the common courtesy you deserve, they are not worth thinking about.

Often the people who are victims of such callas behaviors think that they are at fault (if I had just done this, or maybe if I do this, he will . . . ). That is not a mental trap you should fall into. It is not our fault. You aren't the one who abandoned the relationship without explanation. Move on. He isn't worth the time you are spending thinking about him. You'll find someone better.

I'm guilty of doing this sometimes, but usually to guys I've only been on one date or so with. It's not so much "ignore" as there is mutual understanding that there wasn't enough chemistry between us (they don't exactly call/text back, either). How long did you know him and how deep was the relationship? If it was getting fairly deep and he just stopped talking, yeah, not cool. Just keep moving until you find the right one!

I... did this when i became very good friends with a girl in high school. when her friend told me she likes me more than a friend, i got scared and started ignoring her. I loved her and thought she was amazing, but it would've never worked because i'm gay. So i stupidly thought ignoring her would help me avoid coming out to her, because i was afraid to. Well it worked, but what i got was a hell of alot guilt and the loss of a great friendship. Never doing that again.

So what i'm saying is that its his loss, him ignoring you isn't your fault. So cheer up and move on, you deserve better than him Wink

posterpicture Wrote:I feel like shit....
He started ignoring me. Why don't just give me a reason?
I just want to talk to someone. But I turn around and no one there...

Im sorry to hear that, but im sure things will look up for you, i know its hard, ive had my heart broken so many times. :frown:

Love is the most horrific yet beautiful thing anyone can experience....some people don't seem to understand that the heart is the easiest part of the body to break...Love can be explained easily if you understand that it's a fire...once it starts to burn it can make you hot...make you glow...or it can consume everything until nothing is left but ash...When you've had your heart broken, it's easy to say.."you deserve better"..."time heals everything"..."life goes on"...people need to learn that emotional scars often run deeper than any physical scar you can see...

I hate when reasons aren't given Sad How do you learn and grow or come to understand sometimes it's just a matter of differences, without given that closure? You definitely deserve better ... we all do ... than to end up ignored by someone who had seemed, at the very least, a bit interested.