Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone tell me this is normal
just think that this is an investment into your future! look at the end result! you're almost there if it's less than 2 years!

I have multiple friends doing it too. I have no idea how they can do it. At times we have lessons from 8 to 8 and then there's exams where my group and I often study from 10 to 10. It's not like as if there's any time left of the day to do anything but transport yourself home and sleep.
I don't get it, but since I'm danish I don't have to; the government pays me to study.

One word:

Methamphetamine.

:tongue:

On a more serious note, you may want to reduce the number of classes you are taking and balance out your time a bit more with the reality that you have a full time job.

I have no idea what your course work is, nor your ultimate education goals. However if you are pushing to get your degree in 2 years and killing yourself, perhaps its time to rethink it and set a more realistic goal of 4 years for that degree?

The reality is that the less energy you have, the more stressed out you are, the poorer your quality of work will be, both at the job and at school.

I would refrain from stopping education completely. That usually tends to end up going from a 'temporary' situation to a long term or permanent situation where the person never finds the time to get back to school and ends up not following their dream.

I had an experience like this, sorta, in that halfway through my second year of undergrad, I was offered a full-time job which would pay my tuition, but would require me to be in the office 8-5. My parents, who were paying for my college up til that point, were reluctant to agree to this for exactly the reason Bowyn Arrow states. However, I convinced them that I would not give up. It took me a lot longer to finish, but I did so debt-free, as you will, and many of my friends from HS who pushed through in 4 years were struggling to find good jobs when I was already established.

25 years later (as of this coming August) I don't regret the hassle (this was prior to online courses, telecommuting or any of the things which would make it easier today) and sacrifices, but I definitely appreciate what you're going through. I ended up doing graduate school the same way later on.

One very important thing I left out, lots and lots of CAFFEEINE Wink
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

it is only temporary... still doing too much is doing too much. in some point your own body says "ok it was enough" and actually you dont recognize it until it is too late.

when i was in uni, i had a terrible last year. i had to do classes, did some lab works, part time job and took part the teaching-practice. days were from 0700 to 2200 but it was just the last, one year... now im enjoying being at work and doing what i want to do. i still dont recommend that. now when thinking back that time, i really pushed my body to the edge. i had a couple months of holidays before i started doing work. so i had enought time to "recover"...

but a full time job and uni for years? i dont think so... a part time job is better for sure... i took some loan (20000 dollars) and i was working on holidays to be able to study without working all the time and when i graduated i paid the loan back within two years. not bad though... a loan is not bad thing, if you just have it a decent amount.

I did take a year off along the way and worked full time in my chosen profession before returning to school and completing my degree. It allowed me to make a lot of money and to pick off some courses without the pressure.

Would I recommend it for everyone?

Nope. Just keep your head down and keep ploughing through.

I get the sense that you are strong and determined enough to do it.

U're a 1-word for me............ A super hard-working thing. Smile and u know what?!
it's really a good thing, definitely a good thing especially for u in ur future. Smile
I wish I could try the independence same as urs, coz Gosh! Help me! I stopped and didn't made it to second semester coz (financial s*** occured) and I wish I've had a jod or any at those time. Sad
Bless u dude and Goodluck. Wink

That sounds like hell. I would also recommend making your course load lighter if at all possible. Or taking one year off to just work and earn some money. Whatever to make your life easier.

Cuddly Wrote:I have multiple friends doing it too. I have no idea how they can do it. At times we have lessons from 8 to 8 and then there's exams where my group and I often study from 10 to 10. It's not like as if there's any time left of the day to do anything but transport yourself home and sleep.
I don't get it, but since I'm danish I don't have to; the government pays me to study.
Also a proud receiver of monthly student allowance provided by the state. Yay for Scandinavia.