Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes I hate being gay because I feel being straight would be easier..
Cuddly Wrote:Nobody points it out, as such?? I mean.. it's not like as if we aren't both well aware of the gap Big Grin
We met on a dating site for people like me, looking for people like him Smile We've been together for 7.5 years now.

Nobody really makes comments either. We're nice likeable guys, why would anybody want to shoot us down? The comment I get the most is along the lines of "whatever makes you happy".

I live a blessed life Smile

That IS good. Its nice that its seen like that. Although I am intrigued by what you mean by saying a site for people like you and people like him? :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:That IS good. Its nice that its seen like that. Although I am intrigued by what you mean by saying a site for people like you and people like him? :p

I'm a young guy with the hots for older bears. They can't be found just anywhere Wink
Especially not in the small village in the middle of Mr. & Mrs. coffeetable Denmark.

I guess it would be a natural assumption to make, that I'm some kind of golddigger... But I'm not some dumb blonde looking for an old rich guy who'll die of old age and leave me wealthy. I am naturally attracted to his type, which meant I had to seek out guys alot older than me. No matter how my parents, friends or even I felt about it; that was just the way it had to be. Might as well pretend to be straight if I can't date the guys I find attractive, right?

The age gap makes for interesting conversations, like this one. 30 years is a long time, but if you ask anybody above the age of 40, I bet they'll tell you they don't feel any different now than they did at the age of ~25. They get surprised by the aged face that stares back at them from the other side of the mirror, etc..
And listening to stories of the things he has seen and accomplished.. It's a marvel! There's so much to love. So many scars and lessons learned. I can only recommend it. Big Grin

Marky Wrote:Have you ever done an orgy? :o

to answer you. yes.

Nothing I haven't been guilty of myself, but at least I'm not closeted and longing for the day when I would finally feel comfortable being who I am.

Cuddly Wrote:I'm a young guy with the hots for older bears. They can't be found just anywhere Wink

I guess it would be a natural assumption to make, that I'm some kind of golddigger...

And listening to stories of the things he has seen and accomplished.. It's a marvel! There's so much to love. So many scars and lessons learned. I can only recommend it. Big Grin

I see - I did wonder if it was something like that to be fair haha. Each to their own I guess! Do a lot of people assume you are in it for the money? That makes me think your partner is loaded :o! Haha

I can understand the stories part it does add some depth and interest I guess. I couldn't date someone way older than me.. I guess a part of me when it comes to relationships is quite ageist? I don't find I have that much in common. I can talk to guys easy up to the age of 40 - but anything older I find quite hard. I guess its just purely the different generations. My mum is only 44 so it just feels odd sometimes?
[/COLOR]

Edward Wrote:Of course, being straight is a lot easier. It's always easier when you're a part of the "normal" majority and do "normal things".

Which ultimately sucks.

Marky Wrote:I see - I did wonder if it was something like that to be fair haha. Each to their own I guess! Do a lot of people assume you are in it for the money? That makes me think your partner is loaded :o! Haha

I can understand the stories part it does add some depth and interest I guess. I couldn't date someone way older than me.. I guess a part of me when it comes to relationships is quite ageist? I don't find I have that much in common. I can talk to guys easy up to the age of 40 - but anything older I find quite hard. I guess its just purely the different generations. My mum is only 44 so it just feels odd sometimes?

When I told a new friend about my private life he jokingly said something along those lines, about me being a golddigger. It hurts, that people would think such a thing. That's the only one I've ever gotten, to my face. Behind my back? Who knows.
That comment was without him knowing anything about my partner's income etc..

Why would older be harder? In a polite conversation, surely you can talk to anybody? As for dating, obviously you gotta be into your date or there's no point Wink

Cuddly Wrote:Why would older be harder? In a polite conversation, surely you can talk to anybody? As for dating, obviously you gotta be into your date or there's no point Wink

I can imagine the comments can be quite cutting. Some part of you must expect the comments to come out but then when a friend says them it must suck.

I think I find it hard to talk to older people in general because of a reaction I had when I started work. There was a very clear young/old divide and then I got a supervisor position. Literally everyone over the age of 40? chose to ignore me because I was only 20 and they know more than me blah blah. So I think it just kind of put me off trying. Its a lot easier now but still haha.

I struggle to find something in common? Its hard enough trying to find something in common with people my own age! I couldn't really date someone with a huge age gap to be fair.. And this will be really shallow sounding but they would have to be smoking hot :p
[/COLOR]

I've never hesitated that my sexual orientation is a best thing that happened with me. I don't want be straight. S- orientation is not a part of me,eventually this is core
of my personality.
I dont have problems with it. All the problems that i have relate to my bad character -i'm frantic a little bit.

Marky Wrote:I can imagine the comments can be quite cutting. Some part of you must expect the comments to come out but then when a friend says them it must suck.

I think I find it hard to talk to older people in general because of a reaction I had when I started work. There was a very clear young/old divide and then I got a supervisor position. Literally everyone over the age of 40? chose to ignore me because I was only 20 and they know more than me blah blah. So I think it just kind of put me off trying. Its a lot easier now but still haha.

I struggle to find something in common? Its hard enough trying to find something in common with people my own age! I couldn't really date someone with a huge age gap to be fair.. And this will be really shallow sounding but they would have to be smoking hot :p

The comments give me a chance to explain it, atleast. I'd rather have it to my face and a chance at defending myself, than rumors running rampant behind my back, with me being the only one who has no idea.