Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The evil queen
No, not Elizabeth.

Does anyone watch once upon a time?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843230/

Have you been personally victimized by Regina the evil w/bitch?

[Image: the_evil_queen_from_once_upon_a_time_by_...5oe0tp.jpg]

I hate her so much, but even in my most bitter moments, she has a body that just won't quit. She literally puts the good in evil.

Don't get me wrong though, I want her dead. Like today please. But sometimes you just have to admire the way she creates non-stop evil plots, manipulates people, and literally looks like she should be walking down a runway 24/7.

Her rather pathetic effort that she sometimes throws in the general direction of "becoming a better person" and dark past also sometimes sparks debates between my boyfriend and I, in regards to whether she deserves sympathy or not. Where I am in the series though, I've just lost my patience with her as a person.

I'm in the middle of season two.

Does anyone here watch/enjoy the show?

What do you like or hate about it?

Just from the description it reminds me of Jenny Schecter on The L Word, a character that inspired all sorts of similar debates as you have with your SO, and whether she's sympathetic or despicable. I was in the latter camp and I couldn't help but grudgingly admire how she was portrayed so that when I thought she was about to be killed I felt distress because I wanted to be the one to kill her (and I can't recall a single other character that made me feel that way, that is made me want to kill the character personally). Roflmao

It's a lesbian drama/soap opera, however, not anything like urban fantasy. Perhaps more importantly, Jenny wasn't a queen...well she was of a sort for a short while (in which she was particularly insufferable as she milked and abused it for all it was worth) but her fall was swift and immediately followed up by finding her girlfriend making out with one of Jenny's exes (as best I recall).

I used to write my own fairy tales since I was like 7 and I'd say my mother inspired a great many of the nasty child eating witches after the little girl (or something boy & girl, the boy typically based on my cousin). I was 10-11 when I was assigned to revise a fairy tale to show a villain was misunderstood, and I did, and frankly it makes a lot more sense! Here's the story I adapted:

http://www.oldrussia.net/vas.html

In my fic I made it so that Vasilisa was Baba Yaga's niece, and Baba Yaga was actually a kindly crone badly misunderstood, and taught Vasilisa witchcraft to help deal with a hostile world as the world was mean to witches. But Vasilisa, after learning enough, said she didn't want to live in the forest alone & persecuted like her Aunt, but instead went back home and killed her family (as in the tale, but she did it on purpose), and then went and charmed the Tsar (as happens in the tale, though the tale said it happened naturally) with her magic, etc.

And because Baba Yaga was the only one who had the power to thwart her, Vasilisa also had the soldiers sent to kill her, making up the classic tale to explain why Baba Yaga had to be put to death, and so she fled further into the forest, feared and reviled, while Vasilisa operated through her puppet tsar, with other magic as needed. It ended with Baba Yaga working to help the peasants, orphans, and sick caused by the cruel Vasilisa. It was ironic that Baba Yaga was persecuted as wicked when the real wicked witch was the tsarina that all wished to please.

In retrospect I believe Vasilisa the beautiful but wicked witch was my cruel mother (and former model who literally laughed about misfortune to others and bragged about causing it and how easily she could manipulate people), the t'sar my father, and the kindly crone my grandmother. So in that respect I'd probably find the show striking a chord with me.

Sounds like my mother.... Hmm.... Is this one a witch too?

Yeah, I watch that show....I am so gaaaaaaaaaaay...

"Where I am in the series though, I'm in the middle of season two"

I'm midway season 3....you just wait!

Now yes, Lana Parilla has a killer body and the crew dresses that body perfectly. And I mean perfectly. I actually like her evil, love her plottings....but then again I'm just an @hole.

What I love about the show is how well they throw every single fairy tale out there put it in the blender and make a coherent and entertaining story out of it.

I love that show! As for the evil queen, like most villains she is a necessity. I mean, what fun would the stories be without the enemies? While she is downright nasty, she pales in comparison to Rumpelstiltskin, or the dark one as he is known.

Woollyhats Wrote:No, not Elizabeth.

Oh no you didnt, oh boy your in for it now :p

I thought you were talking about Sylph for a minute!!!
Rofl

Yeah, I watch that show.
As much as I dont like Regina, I dont like Snow even more!!! GAWD that "goody two shoes" bitch annoys the HELL outta me!!!!

I wish Regina and Snow would just get into a big assed cat fight..........like Krystal and Alexis use to do on Dynasty!!! That would be a ratings grabber for sure!!

But the Wicked Witch is supposed to be making an appearance for the next season I think......and I will DEFINATELY be watching that!!!!

[Image: 47c495d43efd87a2f512b317c4b8177c.jpg?itok=rMa5KSLf]

@Pix; you have the description of her perfect. I think your character is excellent for comparing the two. I haven't finished your fairy tale yet (on page 6), but I will finish it before I head off to sleep tonight.

@BA; LOL, she is definitely a witch.

@Mgaymer; She is a necessity. I partly want for her to see the error of her ways and to redeem herself. Whether or not she deserves forgiveness... I'm inclined to say no, but I almost doubt they directors would dipose of such a good villain.

@Partis; Hehe... :tongue:

@Mistertinkles; I agree with this! I actually love and respect Snow White so much, but she has to understand that when someone is pathologically bent and set on ruining your life, death and destruction: It's okay to defend yourself!! I fully believe that in the case of the queen and her mother --- life imprisonment, defending one self with violence when someone is actively trying to murder you, and perhaps even the execution that she stopped are OKAY. After all, she imprisoned Rumplestilskin for life.

And she's 'making an appearance'? Now I am curious, I feel like something is about to happen to her :o.