Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony Ericsson Xperia
Hi everyone, I'm curious, does anyone have the Sony Ericsson Xperia phone? Arc 12 or Arc S?

I'm looking at getting a new phone (don't need one, but "want" one). And I'll probably be investing close to $500.00 at obtaining a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S once I've got some money coming soon.

If you do have it, could you tell me a bit about it please? I have the iPhone 3gs, and this will be a big move for me to Android, so any cautions, or advices you can give regarding the switch?

Also, if you're reading this and going "omg he's so crazy spending so much on a phone" I'd like to hear from you. I'm not sure if I should really use so much money on a phone, but I'm kinda tired of my iPhone 3gs, and have had it for about two years now, it works perfectly fine and everything but I feel outdated, and due for a new phone. So please let me know what you have to say about this move : ) I'd very much appreciate it, even if you say, you're crazy! lol

$500?
You get electronics a lot cheaper than here, i'd be surprised if you need all that. Confusedmile:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace.
I love it, but i would of gone for something slightly more powerful if i could of afforded it.

I've never been a fan of Sony as a company, but it's your decision.
The original Arc was one of my options though, i can't remember why i ruled it out, though.(sorry, maybe the price?)

My other option was the Motorola Defy, of which the Motoblur scared me off, as i had heard it forced you to make a Motoblur account before use among other stuff.
I later found out this is absent in newer Motoblurs though.

Your budget SHOULD stretch further than mine. Confusedmile:
As the phone i bought is almost worth half as much there in the states.:eek:

So.......
I don't think i've helped what so ever really.:redface:

Though i do LOVE my Android phone and definitely recommend the OS at the very least.(Even if it does function slightly different on each phone)
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis, I did the math and I though it cost the same if not a little bit more in the UK than in the US. Cause one of the sites I looked at for buying one was a UK site... though I don't want to shop from so far, just cause I'd rather have it faster here in the US.

But you're right, I feel like $500.00 is a lot of money to invest in a phone -.- guh,

Your Samsung Galaxy Ace is actually about half the price for the Sony Arc S. It's $249.00 here in the US for an unlocked version.

I have to get an unlocked version just cause t-mobile doesn't carry some of the phones I like lol.

The reason why I choose the Sony Ericsson was cause a few years ago I had a sony Ericsson phone and loved it, back in 2009 I had the ( Sony Ericsson W-880i Black Tri-Band Unlocked GSM Cellular Phone ) which you really can't find anymore since the whole phone systems came out lol. I'm sure they were out in 2009 but now the OS phones are more popular so sony is obviously still playing in the game.

Another thing that I like about the Sony Ericsson Arc S is the design, it's unique and I like the white color Tongue

hmmm what do you think about the new Xperia Arc S?

What do i think of the Arc S?
It's interesting.
The design must of been quite popular considering the "Arc S" is identical to the "Arc" bar the CPU being 40% more powerful.
It's stats are, well, exactly what I was looking for in a phone. Perhaps slightly more powerful then i need.
Well rounded, that's for sure.
So i would recommend finding out about it's GUI overlay.
If you like the GUI, then really, there's nothing not to like about it.Confusedmile:

I use my phone for a lot of things.
What were you hoping use your phone for?
I might be able to come up with a few suggestions.:biggrin:

You may also find these usefulConfusedmile::
http://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3
http://www.phonearena.com/phones

Okay, well.

I like phones that are stylish, slim, and small.

I usually use my phone for listening to music (at the gym)
Take pictures (randomly)
I'd like to video but not utterly important (the Arc doesn't video lol, iPhone 4 does though : ) )
hmm text messaging obviously lol.

I don't want to get on a data plan with my carrier, so I'd much rather a phone that can connect with wifi Tongue

I do sometimes not all the times play games, so it'd be nice to play games on the phone.

hmmm that's all I can honestly think of right now.. thanks for your input!

Well after comparing phones, the Arc S stands out.
It's processor is more than capable for what you need it for.
You could even go for something slightly weaker processor wise...unless you're interested in the more demanding games.Confusedmile:

Oh, and the Arc S DOES do video.
720P HD video.Confusedmile:

Oh, according to one site, it's Wi-Fi data transfer isn't the fastest.
Just something to keep in mind.Confusedmile:

lol yah I noticed that the Arc S has capabilities for videos later on after I had replied to above lol. I think I might just wait for the Xperia S : ) That's hot!!!!!!

Gosh I hate t-mobile, they don't ever get the coolest phones -sigh.

Just get a Nokia. Throwing an Iphone to the floor and the phone will break, throw the Nokia to the floor it will break the floor and all under it xD
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

lol Zet any model you'd recommend? Tongue Though I must say my iPhone took a lot of hit on the floor and has yet to be broken haha.

this kind Smile

[Image: tumblr_lxkgsu5Cg21qe11kdo1_400.png]
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.