Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooo... (Nth degree)
Well the Son-In-Law flew out to deal with some stuff today, amongst walking through the property with me to give me a very discouraging feeling, they are also arraigning for care at a better facility. They personally went to several places to check them out, having the Advanced Medical health directive that gives them rights to do things, they are finally - FINALLY - taking care of Bob's needs.

I was informed that a lawyer has been introduced to the Facility Bob was at.

I guess now that someone may be able to win money here from the problems they are taking an interest. IDK.

Anyway, Bob had a huge chunk of his buttocks removed all the way down to the bone. He is resting and most likely will sleep most of today. He survived the surgery, I hope he can survive the month or so it will take for skin to grow back in.

IF other things work in his favor, such as Physical therapy and Occupational therapy, it can take as long as three months before he returns home.

IF that is a huge word. I suspect that the reality is that he has moved on to a facility and his kids are just now here to start pushing for nursing home for life.

Understand their arrival was totally unexpected, they just showed up, and started going through Bob's house and stuff as if they were going to catch us doing something wrong. So this doesn't feel at all good. They don't trust me at all, never actually have talked to me or seem to care about anything.

IDK about those people.

I have decided its time to hang up the hat, this rat needs to abandon this clearly sinking vessel.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Understand their arrival was totally unexpected, they just showed up, and started going through Bob's house and stuff as if they were going to catch us doing something wrong. So this doesn't feel at all good. They don't trust me at all, never actually have talked to me or seem to care about anything.

IDK about those people.

I have decided its time to hang up the hat, this rat needs to abandon this clearly sinking vessel.

To be honest one of my biggest fears has always been this since I know about your situation: something happening to Bob and them putting the blame on you..lawyers, lawsuit and the whole deal...

other scenario: Bob dying and the vultures getting rid of the property making whatever they can put of it and leaving you with no place to stay..

that this crapy thing happened in other people's care (while obviously still crappy for the affected in question) put a little bit of relief in my head about your well being..

it would seem, that even if Bob survives, the vultures have begun the patient waiting, circling around the parent/prey:..

Bighug

what's your exit strategy Bowyn?...

Well I am now officially putting out feelers for live in property care taking positions.

I'm no longer just going to occasionally look at ads, I'm going to start responding to them.

I fear I have reached a certain line in the sand. Rolleyes

If you do i sincerley hope you have a lifeboat

think they dont like you because of guilt that its you, not them, that is looking after there father, this selfless act does not accord with there life view of "take" so it causes there distrust… if they actually had to acknowledge what you,ve done it would highlight the lack of what they,ve done.

^^^ That is deeply profound, and usually I would be the one saying some crap like that with years of wisdom and deep insight to the nature of humans. But you know what, I failed to see that potential this time.

Damn. I'm way too close to this situation to see it clearly.

Thanks Partis... I will have to process on that for a long while and try to reach a resolution between this bit of wisdom and what I am feeling at this time.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Understand their arrival was totally unexpected, they just showed up, and started going through Bob's house and stuff as if they were going to catch us doing something wrong. So this doesn't feel at all good. They don't trust me at all, never actually have talked to me or seem to care about anything.

IDK about those people.

Time to leave the sinking ship..........the RATS have shown up!!!!!