• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooo ummm "Normal Dating"
He cancelled on me. :-(

Richard

I don't know how to proceed.
:-(

Richard

ardus Wrote:He cancelled on me. :-(

Nooooooooo!!! Maybe it's innocent. Give him one chance. Try again. What did he say? Did he just cancel and that was that? Or did he leave it open to postpone?

He said this
I don't mind going out to eat but I think you have very strong emotions for me and I think we need to decrease our interaction bc it's very overwhelming for me and in a lot of ways it's way to much. It may not seem excessive to you but it does to meet.

I really like him I guess maybe I came on too strong.

Richard

I thought I was being normal by having a regular date where no one mentioned sex. It's really not normal for me but I really like him and I wanted to try to get to know him first.

I can't help being emotional and intense about guys I like it's who I am.

Why is that a bad thing?

Richard

God it's so depressing. :-(((((((

Richard

That sucks. I guess if you want to pursue things with him, best to give it a little time then suggest you go out to eat. Try to tone things down if you can. I wish I had more advice for you.

Dating styles.

People have different views about what constitutes a "good" date.

My partner and I went through this a little bit.

It does sound like he's still open to further "encounters" (lunch dates, if you will). But it's probably best to tone down the romantic overtones for now. Brunch or Lunch or just coffee seem like good casual excuses to get together.

I might even suggest drinks in the evening, but the problem here is after one or two we usually relax a little (or a lot) and lose our inhibitions and then you could be right back a Square One.

Yeah, coffee is probably a better idea.
Smile

Good luck, hang in there, be patient....

(Optional background info on my relationship: I was WAY more interested in my partner than he was in me when we first met. We dated off and on for 5 months before he told me "no more, it's over." I said fine, and started seeing other guys. Two months later he suggested we start dating again but this time more seriously....Lesson: sometimes less is more, the heart is NOT rational.)