Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry but this place isn't for me.
I've read through as many posts as I could and don't think this is the place for me. Sorry, I didn't stay long enough to see what people had to say about my posts that apparently weren't approved for posting (like my poem). Things weren't too bad until I got to the religion thread. My goodness. Good luck all.

ChillyMan Wrote:Things weren't too bad until I got to the religion thread. My goodness. Good luck all.

Hey Sorry to see you go, however distasteful the religious thread may have been, you should stick around there are many other threads that are not offensive. Whatever you choose I wish you the best for the future. Scatter

... but you haven't deleted your account yet. I hope that means you are keeping your options open?

I'm curious as to what you might be looking for, although I quite understand if you don't wish to enter discussion, I'm merely thinking aloud. If you have read as many posts as you "could" (which, to me, implies you read many, many posts), what was so difficult that a single discussion in 8,427 threads (okay, it spilled over a little into a couple of others Wink ) became THE reason for your decision?

I would not go as far as some contributors here who have occasionally referred to a "GaySpeak family", but all families have discussions and arguments with different points of view being expressed.

I was on the verge of ignoring your farewell announcement, because when it comes to it, none of us is indispensable, specially on an all but anonymous discussion forum, but then my curiosity was gently piqued. Reasons for leaving might include the fact that one doesn't wish to spend time reading and responding to the discussions, or even an irritation that one is expected to post five, ten, twenty, fifty, a hundred or a thousand messages to access certain functions as established by Andy, the site owner. The way you have expressed yourself though suggests that you are concerned that people might have differing points of view ... although maybe I've misunderstood you.

Anyway, by the time I've finished and posted this message you will no doubt have deleted your account and left for sunnier climes.

Bon voyage Wink

Thought I deleted my account but guess I didn't. No, Marshlander, it was basically two things, well, maybe three. 1. I submitted a poem I just wrote for my late twin brother and there should have been nothing offensive to anyone in it and apparently it was discarded by the mods. 2. I don't know what went on here in the religious and confession forums but I sure didn't like some of the things I read there. Seemed like a lot of meanness to me. 3. Seems like mostly older guys here.

Hey buddy, sorry to here you are leaving but gayspeak has had a bit of turmoil lately which was down to a rogue member causing trouble who has now been banned. I'm very sorry this one member causing trouble has made you leave but in general Gayspeak as a whole is a very caring community. I hope you still check in sometimes to have a peek at the posts and I'm sure you will see gayspeak at it's best Confusedmile:

ChillyMan Wrote:I don't know what went on here in the religious and confession forums but I sure didn't like some of the things I read there. Seemed like a lot of meanness to me. 3. Seems like mostly older guys here.

Chilly Man ignored the fact I sent him farewell wishes, so where's the meanness there? Yes there's a lot older guys here, and there are younger guys too. Bye then.

Being a young guy among older guys here is a great advantage cause you learn form theirs experience about meaness i think you can handle it... Anywayz Byezzzz

I agree with Gpbi.

You know, it amazes me that a "new" person would feel so embolden as to criticize so soon after joining. Yeah, I was here last night when this person joined. Wink The evangelist, "round 2" posted something very similar shortly after he joined, too. Coincidence? I think it was entitled "Goodbye GS."

Arguments? Some of us are a little more passionate than others. :biggrin: If you don't like the heat stay out of the kitchen. I guess you've never had sex in the kitchen, yeah, it's hot. Roflmao

Limits on newbie posting? Imagine that!!! Rules? Thank you, Andy for having limits and post approval in place.

Older guys? And, thank you "old guys" for hanging around, mentoring, sharing and above all showing us "younger guys" how wonderful being gay is, how wonderfully fulfilling your lives are, and what it really means to be successful and proud.

ChillyMan Wrote:... 3. Seems like mostly older guys here.
Older than ...? Well that would have to be a matter of perception. It certainly doesn't look like it from here.

Quote:You know, it amazes me that a "new" person would feel so embolden as to criticize so soon after joining. Yeah, I was here last night when this person joined. The evangelist, "round 2" posted something very similar shortly after he joined, too. Coincidence?

Definitely something fishy going on. Why would he choose to criticize those two forums out of so many on the site? It doesn't seem like the religion forum gets that much action anyway . . . . . and overall the site seems VERY peaceful.

Similar posting style, same specs and age as LavendarLad, except location.

Or am I just being paranoid? Do people really have that much of a problem with others speaking their mind about religion? Was I wrong to do so?