Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soulmates???
So, I'm curious as to what others think about the concept of a soulmate.

Do you believe in a soulmate?
Is there just one? Or could there be more than one for a particular journey in a person's life?
Do you believe in being linked by reincarnation (past lives/even different forms)?
Is your belief tied to a particular cultural influence? (Ancient Greek, Jewish-bashert, astrology, etc.)
Is it a spiritual affinity?
What is it? Is it the other half of your soul? Does it "complete" a person?

TIA

Ever since I watched Xena, I have wanted to believe in soulmates. Even though they were just characters, Xena and Gabrielle made me want to believe that it could happen.

I'm not a huge fan of the music in this, but it gets the point across.

i believe in soulmates

There is such a thing as soulmates. Every single person out there has a soulmate. It's just that very few of us actually meet theirs, or get to keep them.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:Every single person out there has a soulmate..

How do you know that?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Quote:So, I'm curious as to what others think about the concept of a soulmate.

Do you believe in a soulmate?

Absolutely without a doubt in my mind...It is one of the only things I am absolutely sure of.

Quote:Is there just one? Or could there be more than one for a particular journey in a person's life?

Good Question...I think we are all 'born" in groups of 800-1200 souls that are are integral to the whole so each soul in your group is potentially a soul mate though I do not think a soul mate necessarily comes in the form of a lover...it could be a parent, a friend, a relative....it depends on the path you have and the goals you have in whatever particular lifetime you are in whether or not you will even meet your actual soulmate. Your soulmate may even be forced to be your adversary if you need to have an adversary in order to evolve or learn a lesson.

Quote:Do you believe in being linked by reincarnation (past lives/even different forms)?

I do beleive we reincarnate with the same group of souls over all of our lifetimes.

Quote: Is your belief tied to a particular cultural influence? (Ancient Greek, Jewish-bashert, astrology, etc.)

Not really. I am a spiritual eclectic and have alot of influences.

Quote:Is it a spiritual affinity?

I am not sure what you are asking but I do think there is a spiritual affinity with your soulmate/soulmates

Quote:What is it?

A soulmate on any level has a key for you...and a feeling of being "home"

Quote: Is it the other half of your soul?

Yes...you do have another half of your soul. My lover used to talk to me daily and even visit me for three years before I actually met him in person. I knew his name, birthday, ect ect...I even felt it when he had an accident and I called up two of my friends to tell them and I also told all of my friends all the time that he was visiting me and I told them his name...ect ect...funny because when I finally met him I had been telling all these people all along and they were kind of shocked because I knew they were just being gracious to me and I didn't blame them at all for playing along...who would believe it? Bu the thing is...everything I said was true AND the night we were going to meet I was painting my house and he told me it was time...I called up my two best friends of course to tell them...and the next day i introduced them to the guy who they had been hearing about for years...they even knew his name LOL:biggrin:...as an afterthought I was so glad I said something all along because anyone can say it AFTER the fact but I told tons of people BEFORE the fact.:biggrin:

Quote:Does it "complete" a person?

Yes...but it can be messy and exhilarating and everything else you can imagine all at once. It all depends on how much you are true to yourself and how much you are willing to evolve how well it will go. It is the most intense form of intimacy I believe.

I beleive you have to meet your other half and become one in order to evolve off of this plane of existence and join your soul group.

fredv3b Wrote:How do you know that?

I just know and I prefer to believe in this. I am awfully pessimistic about everything else, so...this is kind of the light in the end of the tunnel. You know?

I have 100% believe in it... I also believe that your soulmate is your #1 true love of all-time and seriously your only true love. Be wise with that person. These are weird and outrageous beliefs of mine, but all people in the universe have one true love and that's that. I screwed up big time with mine and I doubt I'll ever find anyone. I don't truly believe I'm capable of being in love with another person. However... the one thing is, I did not meet my soulmate in person. That makes it more difficult to determine whether or not he is... :|

XRIMO Wrote:Ever since I watched Xena, I have wanted to believe in soulmates. Even though they were just characters, Xena and Gabrielle made me want to believe that it could happen.
But, for those not familiar with the show, could you elaborate?

Was it based on original humans having 2 faces, 4 legs, and 4 arms and Zeus splitting them in half?
Or was it something special/combination of beliefs the writers created themselves?

ETA: thanks for adding the video.

toomuch45 Wrote:i believe in soulmates
But, WHAT is it you are believing in?
What are you searching for?