Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soulmates???
azulai Wrote:But, for those not familiar with the show, could you elaborate?

Was it based on original humans having 2 faces, 4 legs, and 4 arms and Zeus splitting them in half?
Or was it something special combination of beliefs the writers created themselves?

Actually Gabrielle mentions that in an episode. I edited in a video showing what I mean. Just a love between two people that is so pure that it cannot be broken.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:There is such a thing as soulmates. Every single person out there has a soulmate. It's just that very few of us actually meet theirs, or get to keep them.
But, what is it that distinguishes them from any other person?
How come they can't meet each other?
Why can't they be kept???

East Wrote:...I think we are all 'born" in groups of 800-1200 souls that are are integral to the whole so each soul in your group is potentially a soul mate though I do not think a soul mate necessarily comes in the form of a lover...it could be a parent, a friend, a relative....it depends on the path you have and the goals you have in whatever particular lifetime you are in whether or not you will even meet your actual soulmate. Your soulmate may even be forced to be your adversary if you need to have an adversary in order to evolve or learn a lesson.
Wow! This is so interesting. We have some similar views (as usual). :tongue: I could have quoted your pet peeves, too!

This idea of the soulmate as adversary is interesting. I never thought of that. You really gave me something to think about! ty

Quote:I am a spiritual eclectic and have alot of influences.
I can totally relate.

Quote:I am not sure what you are asking but I do think there is a spiritual affinity with your soulmate/soulmates
I'm sorry. I think I was wondering about the spiritual connection or just confusing myself and ended up talking out of my ass. :tongue:

Quote:Yes...you do have another half of your soul. My lover used to talk to me daily and even visit me for three years before I actually met him in person. I knew his name, birthday, ect ect...
Wow, East, this is incredible. Thank you for sharing your story. I know it's very personal for you.

I really hope to read your memoirs one day--not just for all the hot stuff. :biggrin:

Quote:Yes...but it can be messy and exhilarating and everything else you can imagine all at once. It all depends on how much you are true to yourself and how much you are willing to evolve how well it will go. It is the most intense form of intimacy I believe.

I beleive you have to meet your other half and become one in order to evolve off of this plane of existence and join your soul group.
Ok, so this is kind of where I'm in an internal battle. I'm wondering if the equation is
half + half = whole OR is it whole + whole = something greater than one

Is it a completion of each other? Or do you each need a type of completeness to achieve the recognition of each other so that then together you reach a kind spiritual union (and some really hot mind-blowing sex. Xyxthumbs)

azulai Wrote:But, WHAT is it you are believing in?
What are you searching for?
love and trust

UltraDude Wrote:I have 100% believe in it... I also believe that your soulmate is your #1 true love of all-time and seriously your only true love. Be wise with that person. These are weird and outrageous beliefs of mine, but all people in the universe have one true love and that's that. I screwed up big time with mine and I doubt I'll ever find anyone. I don't truly believe I'm capable of being in love with another person. However... the one thing is, I did not meet my soulmate in person. That makes it more difficult to determine whether or not he is... :|
You know I read your posts and I worry about you because you do not have closure from your relationship and the pain is tangible.

I have a feeling that you are NOT as much at fault as you place on yourself. I don't think you allow for your past partner's immaturity or emotional instability. When someone is struggling with suicidal thoughts, they are in an emotional pain/a blackness that THEY have to crawl out of. They can be halted but the true healing has to come from WITHIN. I'm really sorry and I don't mean to insult your ex, I realize he is young, but all the responsibility can't be yours alone.

Sometimes you have to let that person go to grow, and evolve into who they are suppose to be. And, if your belief is true love then I hope he comes back to you, whole and healed.

Quote: Thank you for sharing your story. I know it's very personal for you.

You are a very sweet man azulai...and a very perceptive one as well. I really dont' like to share the story on the Internet...I have told a few people before when I think it might be helpful for them to hear it...it just so happens that I like and respect you and felt your question worthy of my true answer.

Quote:Ok, so this is kind of where I'm in an internal battle. I'm wondering if the equation is
half + half = whole OR is it whole + whole = something greater than one

I do understand the nature of internal battle...I have two major and one minor unanswered questions that haunt me and have for years....I like to play with them and they have become so familiar and comfortable as internal struggles that I am not sure I want the mysteries solved at this point:biggrin:

I prefaced with the above because I think this question of yours deserves alot of thought and if I were to give it a quick shot I would say that both of your premises are true.

Quote:Is it a completion of each other? Or do you each need a type of completeness to achieve the recognition of each other so that then together you reach a kind spiritual union (and some really hot mind-blowing sex. )

You have to give up all of your images of yourself and everything around you to get to the state of a true spiritual union...it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT and comes in stages...but it is worth every bit of the effort involved. In order to experience the completion you have to develop the ability to be really humble (and it is a wicked hard to do :biggrinSmile...the sex...yeah...it IS mind blowing actually:biggrin:

I thought of a theory about being gay/soul mates/ reincarnation etc...

say a man and a women were destined to be together e.g. soul mates.
they die, and both reincarnate into a man or both into a women.

Would they still love each other the same? does apearance matter when it comes to soul mates which to me is where two people are connected to the souls through true love...

It's not a theory I believe in, just soemthing I thought of and not put much thought into afterwards. It was an anime which made me think of this, where the main character was a girl and reincarnated into a boy, although they both still love each other.

good anime to some extent.
dont think I exaplianded this well. but enjoy my imput x

[EDIT]
Do you believe in a soulmate?
use to, not any more.

Is there just one? Or could there be more than one for a particular journey in a person's life?
Judgeing off my recent answer, I'd say there was none Smile
Do you believe in being linked by reincarnation (past lives/even different forms)?
Idealy i'd say yes. although if it was Ideal why would you want to forget the person you love? I supose you'd meet them in the next life and exsperience all thous great times again. But I'd rather not. I'd rather live an eternal life with my soul mate as a ghoust >Big Grin
Is your belief tied to a particular cultural influence? (Ancient Greek, Jewish-bashert, astrology, etc.)
My beliefs change alot, everything you can think of, no matter how mad it seems. It is a theory and a possibility!
Is it a spiritual affinity?
If it exists, I beleive so.
What is it? Is it the other half of your soul? Does it "complete" a person?
I don't know what it is, thus I cant explain it nor particulary beleive in it Big Grin

azulai Wrote:You know I read your posts and I worry about you because you do not have closure from your relationship and the pain is tangible.

I have a feeling that you are NOT as much at fault as you place on yourself. I don't think you allow for your past partner's immaturity or emotional instability. When someone is struggling with suicidal thoughts, they are in an emotional pain/a blackness that THEY have to crawl out of. They can be halted but the true healing has to come from WITHIN. I'm really sorry and I don't mean to insult your ex, I realize he is young, but all the responsibility can't be yours alone.

Sometimes you have to let that person go to grow, and evolve into who they are suppose to be. And, if your belief is true love then I hope he comes back to you, whole and healed.

The thing is, I never EVER got closure from him. Ah well.

azulai Wrote:But, what is it that distinguishes them from any other person?
How come they can't meet each other?
Why can't they be kept???

When we are born...we are not complete. I am sure that you have felt at some point during your life that something is missing. So you go ahead and try to find yourself and understand what's in you better, but there's still this something missing. And maybe you know what that somehting is. Your soulmate is the person who has this something and longs for something you have...ya know? :d

Well, life isn;t a fairytale so sometimes those two people just can't meet. I mean, I haven't really thought about this in debth, but there could be the distance problem. If we assume though that life isn't that much of a fucker, then maybe you two will get close at some point during your lives (geographically). But then...you could always be thinking that this can't be the right person, there's someone else that's better...or that you and your soulmate (whom you don;t kn ow is your soulmate yet) are just too good of friends to ruin that with a relationship. It can be anything. Literallly anything. As I said,life sucks and there could be a million ways and reasons why the relationship between you and your soulmate can't happen.

As I said in the above paragraph....you could meet your soulmate and everything could be great, but then at some point y ou may realize that you can't accept one or two of his more annoying habit or something. Which shouldn't matter, but maybe you are too stubborn of a person. Then there's the carrreer thing, the kids....so many factors that can screw things up fo you. And I KNOW that since you are soulmates, you are supposed to have this unbreakable bond and all, but life has it's ways. :d

Me and my bf love each other, we make each other happy and we want to spend the rest of our lives together. That's enough for me. Others can call us soul mates and explain it in terms of reincarnation if they want.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.