Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Africa supports marriage equality
I have recently noticed that some of my friends have changed their Facebook profile photos to [Image: 368631_1609464223_1304145946_q.jpg] and I din't really know what it was about, util I saw
[Image: 5964_4640207855743_84032098_n.jpg]

I doubt that this FB campaign will have any impact, but I do hope that there will be equality the world over!

its a statement logo which is uniting all countries world wide and i think where the UK has been the first country to legalise gay marriage others are starting to follow suit,... isnt it amazing it takes one small step i e UK to do a big leap for mankind.... roll into the current century please and lets all feel the love tonight

# aunty zeon
# Gayspeak agony aunt

#lol

I was wondering why that symbol kept appearing everywhere on facebook haha

Sorry, Spades, it's actually the Human Rights Campaign logo, in red to support marriage or love equality, and the US Supreme Court heard cases against Proposition 8 (banning same-sex marriage in the State of California) and the Defense Against Marriage Act (DOMA, the Federal law defining marriage as only between a man and a woman) to determine if these laws are in conflict with the Constitution. These cases were presented Tuesday and Wednesday, and HRC requested people show support by changing profile pictures. It got a bit out of hand, though...

zeon Wrote:its a statement logo which is uniting all countries world wide and i think where the UK has been the first country to legalise gay marriage others are starting to follow suit,... isnt it amazing it takes one small step i e UK to do a big leap for mankind.... roll into the current century please and lets all feel the love tonight

# aunty zeon
# Gayspeak agony aunt

#lol

I hope that all countries will soon be able to have the freedom that up until now only a few countries have had.

zeon Wrote:its a statement logo which is uniting all countries world wide and i think where the UK has been the first country to legalise gay marriage others are starting to follow suit,... isnt it amazing it takes one small step i e UK to do a big leap for mankind.... roll into the current century please and lets all feel the love tonight

# aunty zeon
# Gayspeak agony aunt

#lol

First country?
That would be the Netherlands thirteen years ago.
We are...the twelfth I think.

Behind(In alphabetical order):

Argentina
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Iceland
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain