Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South African Gay Conversion Therapy Works!
FINALLY!

Gay Conversion Therapy that WORKS!.... for psychotic... I mean.. religious people of faith.

AMEN! praise jesus....

Read the story here.

This is so so so sad! There are a lot of kind these "camps" in SA, they advocate racism, domestic abuse and other dreadful crimes against humanity. It is sad that these 3 people died, but they will be avenged!

This wasn't gay conversion therapy.
It was a camp to man people up, sure, but it wasn't conversion therapy.

Also, it wasn't related religion in the slightest.

This is why I unsubscribed from the The Young Turks.

Genesis is right, it had nothing to do with religion, nor that he was gay, rather that he was "effeminate". The camp was branded as a Park Ranger training camp, but the treatment these boys received was horrendous!

RIP Raymond Buys

Genersis Wrote:This wasn't gay conversion therapy.
It was a camp to man people up, sure, but it wasn't conversion therapy.

I'm not sure those things aren't the same thing. After all, it is certainly a heterosexist and homophobic viewpoint that would send off effeminate boys to be butched up.

Genersis Wrote:Also, it wasn't related religion in the slightest.

No, but the camp was affiliated with far right, white supremacist groups that also advocate virulently anti-gay bigotry.

Saying that this had nothing to do with people being gay is a bit of a cop-out.

OrphanPip Wrote:I'm not sure those things aren't the same thing. After all, it is certainly a heterosexist and homophobic viewpoint that would send off effeminate boys to be butched up.
It depends; I don't associate effeminaity as a trait of homosexuals.
I have no idea if this "man up" talk is code for "Make gay people straight" but as being effeminate seems to be a fear of a lot of men, I doubt it.
Sexist? yeah. Homophobic? Not really.

Quote:No, but the camp was affiliated with far right, white supremacist groups that also advocate virulently anti-gay bigotry.
Ok.

Quote:Saying that this had nothing to do with people being gay is a bit of a cop-out.
Well it doesn't seem targeted at gay people is all i'm saying.

If you read this article HERE, it clarifies that, indeed, they were persecuted for being perceived as homosexuals for being too effeminate. If it remains true that they weren't gay is irrelevant. They were perceived as being so, and consequently tortured to death.

The Young Turks were correct in linking religious ties to the movement responsible, as is clarified from this excerpt here:

"The Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (Afrikaner Resistance Movement AWB / Iron Guards movement is a far right white supremacist group who fly a flag with a Nazi-like death head skull centered over the “Three Sevens” symbol. A former paramilitary group in South Africa, the AWB claims that the three sevens symbolized supremacy over the devil."

To reaffirm, there IS a religious aspect to their racist, homophobic ideology.

To smooth out any confusion about whether or not it was gay conversion "therapy" or not read this excerpt:

"The idea of the camp is to apparently make men of teens and to “cure” ‘”feminine traits’ in male youths…” another way of saying gay reparative therapy, instead in this instance that therapy involved “beating the gay out of the kid” – torture and if torture didn’t effect the desired change, then certainly murder would; after all a dead teen is not a gay teen."

Eugh god that article sent chills up my spine.
There are so many things wrong with that... Eugh I don't want to think about it.

@Genersis, Oh my god the Young Turks are so annoying. I hate them so much. >.< All they do is spout random stories and turn it into ridiculous political nonsense. They need to shut up.

Dreamer Wrote:"The Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (Afrikaner Resistance Movement AWB / Iron Guards movement is a far right white supremacist group who fly a flag with a Nazi-like death head skull centered over the “Three Sevens” symbol. A former paramilitary group in South Africa, the AWB claims that the three sevens symbolized supremacy over the devil."

To reaffirm, there IS a religious aspect to their racist, homophobic ideology.

The AWB has as much to do with religion as anyone in the US passing a dollar bill that reads "In God we trust".

Dude, I've tried to bring up the point that the guy had said. Like, seriously, why are people over-reacting over us? Like really, what the hell? When I hear christian talk about us that way, I always try to bring up the point that a 'sin is a sin' and that everyone 'sins' so why the hell are you hating on us when you're a sinner yourself?