• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southbiochem
As far as I can see, as yet no one has asked after the welfare of Southbiochem:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...paign=1490

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Probably people haven't heard.

Thanks for the consideration Londoner.

I thankfully don't live near the fire, but it was pretty bad and a lot of people have lost their homes.

Thanks Londoner, I missed that one, glad your ok South, from the looks of the pics rebuilding will take some time
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Yes.

It is not unusual here with fires and earthquakes to have to rebuild, but this time is was huge. And it hit mostly the high parts which are mostly populated by the people with low income, so the effects are devastating.

Thanks James.

I got nervous when I see this...i thought he self deleted :biggrin:

the title is similar to threads for people who self deleted. just the name, ya know

Glad your ok South Smile

Just saw the pictures, that is really bad...

Hope everything would be okay especially to those who were affected

Evan88 Wrote:I got nervous when I see this...i thought he self deleted :biggrin:

the title is similar to threads for people who self deleted. just the name, ya know
Me too!

----

I've heard about this bad news only few minutes ago, I'm glad you're ok.

Damn! Thats pretty bad.

No offense, but I have NEVER understood how coastal cities anywhere can catch fire and burn, much less have fires at all, living next to a HUGE body of water!!!

I mean, really, a one time cost to install a seawater based pump system to handle such emergencies from getting out of control??

MisterTinkles Wrote:Damn! Thats pretty bad.

No offense, but I have NEVER understood how coastal cities anywhere can catch fire and burn, much less have fires at all, living next to a HUGE body of water!!!

I mean, really, a one time cost to install a seawater based pump system to handle such emergencies from getting out of control??

The weather is fairly dry in the summer which causes a great number of bush and forest fires. The coastal quality of the city also makes it prone to strong wind which helps spread the fire.

The local Natives 500 years ago called the place "burnt land" because of it.

The strenght of the pumps is not enough to reach the high parts and the geography of the place if you see it on google maps or something makes a lot of places pretty hard to access.

Add that the materials used for constructions in the impoverished high parts are often flammable and then you just get a recipe for disaster.