Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sox and the swine flu??
get well soon . i got a letter about it what i had to do.!

kitschcamp Wrote:Possibly not, depending on your definition. At work we were issued with Tamiflu in May, so we had it "just in case". As I travel a lot with work, and it isn't always easy to find a doctor when away, I've got it in my travel pack to self-medicate if needed.

I was issued with Relenza (the alternative to Tamiflu) yesterday Big Grin We have signed a thingy saying we gotta get confirmation from our GP before self-medicating though.

And awww Sox.... get well soon!!! Several of my friends have had/got it... so expecting to come down with it at somepoint... just hopefully not in the next 10 days!!!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I was issued with Relenza (the alternative to Tamiflu) yesterday Big Grin We have signed a thingy saying we gotta get confirmation from our GP before self-medicating though.
!

Whats it for? Have you got swine flu? :eek:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

sox - i hope u get through it all ok ,,,wouldnt wish it on anyone. get well soon

Get well soon

Twazzle Wrote:Whats it for? Have you got swine flu? :eek:
Some businesses, such as the one he works for and the one I work for, have paid privately for doctors and medicine so that key staff are ill for the least amount of time possible. It's a sensible precaution for businesses. The company I work for has issued it to my husband as well, even though he isn't an employee. I may not get swine flu, and never need the medicine, but if we do start to come down with it, we can medicate straight away.

Cost of Tamiflu etc per patient, about £15-£20.
Cost for lost work due to illness, about £800-£1000 per day to the business.

It's an easy call for them! All it takes is 1 in 40 staff to get ill and come back to work one day early and they are in profit.

Twazzle Wrote:Whats it for? Have you got swine flu? :eek:

What kitschcamp said above... though very slightly different for me... think about who it is I work for!!

Work also give me the Winter flu jab every year too!!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:What kitschcamp said above... though very slightly different for me... think about who it is I work for!!

Work also give me the Winter flu jab every year too!!

Oh wow! Its a bit unnerving getting the medication just in case.. Doesn't the jab come out soon??? :eek:
[/COLOR]

Possibly, possibly not... there is no guarantee that the new flu vaccine will work. That's why they are trialling it now.

If it works, they hope to make enough of it for Autumn, but usually it takes them from the Spring to Autumn to make enough of the normal vaccines for the Winter, so it's really pushing it.

In work we are on red level warning :biggrin: 35% of the staff have it Rolleyes And today 4 members of staff were coughing and vomiting everywhere resulting in being sent home so PRIMARK HAS SWINE FLU WOOO. I don't Cry
[/COLOR]