Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space - what the hell
It is midnight here and I accidenty read too many articles about the unknowns of space and the universe and now I can't get back to studying American history.

Oh god what if a universe existed and it had a completely different type of existence to ours that we can't even comprehend. What if it had colours that we've never seen before.

Oh my god what is space doing. WHat is dark energy is that magic I am terrifle.

What happens if we go to the edge of the universe and there is nothing there and it's not even a colour and it's so terrifying to me. Uh oh.

Why is space so terrifying.

I agree it scares me too, if you think about it for too long you start to feel really small and alone and insignificant, what if it was all an accident, but where does nothing come from, how is anything anything? how can u comprehend infinity

Space or just universe and the whole this entire "thing" is just interesting. It's like a never ending book of super duper interesting mysteries that you can keep on making different theories and ideas about, and still get it wrong sometimes! It's sometimes hard to predict(QM), and it's sometimes easier to predict! At human wise, no one knows what was there before this universe, or if there are another universe, but we can all imagine what could be out there and search for those possibilities while picking up so many cool skills along the way. That's why I love science, we are the cosmic detective! XD

Space is bound to scare you

1.-when you realize you're but an insignificant flea in a incomprehensible vastness...it's somewhat of the same sentiment you get when you think about the bottom of the ocean...dark and unknown and a place where common rules of things don't apply

2.- when you start to realize just how fragile life is...gamma ray bursts, black holes, anti-matter, galaxies colliding..

it's all fascinating but overwhelming at the same time, so yeah...it's very scary

I do love, though, how Newtonian physics goes to hell in space...you have some of the most brilliant minds in current physicists merely out of trying to comprehend what it's still not known...for example black holes were but a mathematical equation (an incredibly mind-wrecking one of course) before they were discovered

As for color not seen before...oh, H.P. Lovecraft has a good horror story about that, just read "The color out of space"

Oh honey, you don't have to worry about us reaching the end of the universe.

Humanity is going to go up in a Blaze of Glory right here on earth when that Nuclear War gets round to be made.

Feel better now?