Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish town's solution to the dog mess problem
I just love this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...45321.html

A good and interesting effort at educating careless and thoughtless people.

Can you imagine their surprise when the open the package?

No but I guess I'd rather find that inside, than a cut finger or hand.... :biggrin: No, honestly, it must be quite a shock. I wonder if the senders put them in a disposable plastic bag? Otherwise, it's not quite fair to the post office services, is it?

I bet the people learn to pick up, after they get the mess back.

Expensive and a notable capacity for delivering to the wrong address.

I wish they would do something at the damn apartments I live in.

Whole place smells like dog shit. Even worse after it rains or gets hot out.

People supposed to pick up their dogs crap, but managers are too frackin lazy to evict these douchebags for not picking the crap up.

I heard some high end districts will keep dog hair samples of tenants. And if they find poop on the premises, then they send it to a lab to have it analyzed and matched.....which costs about $2,000, and then send the bill to the owner. And if they don't pay it, they get evicted.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I heard some high end districts will keep dog hair samples of tenants. And if they find poop on the premises, then they send it to a lab to have it analyzed and matched.....which costs about $2,000, and then send the bill to the owner. And if they don't pay it, they get evicted.

Where I live there was a proposal that any dog excrement found would be analysed for its DNA in an effort to trace the owner who would then be fined but the idea was shot down by the right wing Town Hall.

LONDONER Wrote:Where I live there was a proposal that any dog excrement found would be analysed for its DNA in an effort to trace the owner who would then be fined but the idea was shot down by the right wing Town Hall.

Here in the USA the rightwingers LOVE to make even the most trivial rule breaker pay...unless, of course he's rich (in which case, NO rules).

But anyway, I like this idea (and if we're gonna live in a surveillance society anyway...)

I did that once myself. I lived in a filthy neighborhood and I'd clean things up. No one else did but I got anonymous notes on my door alerting me to another mess. It was so bad that I saw mothers WATCH as their little kids were doing kickflips on skateboards (and no helmet, etc) & hanging on tree limbs over broken glass and when I asked if they were worried they said it was someone else's responsibility and if their kids got hurt they'd sue them for the medical bills (I went back later, blocks away, and swept it up myself). I once posted a sign about not breaking bottles or cleaning them up and the response was to break several bottles under my poster. And I saw pro janitors for a church ignore dog poop because it was like 6" off their property (I put that in the trash, too).

But I once saw a woman let her dog take a dump at some apartments (where many kids lived and ran barefoot) and leave it and I knew where she lived so when I cleaned that up I dumped it on her front doorstep. I have no idea what her reaction was or if she recognized it as belonging to her dog or not.

But it's not a good idea to confront them, they've been known to pull guns on people who told them to clean up after their dog. That's how mind boggling selfish and spoiled such dog owners are (and just one of the ways, I've encountered far worse). So I support this.

But given that such obnoxious dog owners are legion I expect I'm in the minority...or maybe not, plenty of people who routinely break traffic laws get angry when other people are just as reckless (as laws are for OTHER people).

Wow! GENIUS!