Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirit Day Oct 20, 2010
October 20th, 2010 is named Spirit Day and will be a day for all of us to wear purple in honor of the six gay teenagers who committed suicide in the recent weeks. I am making this thread to spread the word about the event. Here is the Facebook page:

Spirit Day Event

As I already said, my heart was torn to pieces when I learned about the six young souls that left us because of bullying. It has not yet healed and never will. I will continue to do my best to express and show my support for gay people, especially teens who need it the most, out there. How about you?

Rest in Peace!

I found this Facebook page a while ago, I want to hit the attend button so bad but can’t because it would probably show up in my friends news feed.

So what, TimmyThink?! It's something that you should be proud of, I mean, if you are going to attend the event. It's not about YOUR orientation or YOU being out here; it's a day in honot of a couple of dead kids. ... (not trying to be rude here) I like...invited all of my friends to the event, whichi is like over 370 people and only 6, 6, have so far said they are going to attend it. I totally respect those people. ..

I came up with a few replies to your argument Rizz but frankly they all came off as extremely selfish, I have a few days so I’ll think about it.

Hey Timmy, how many of your friends are anti gay? If challeged by your friends, tell them you were shocked at the deaths and wanted to show your respects to the lost of these young lives.

Its not just the six, I believe it now we have ten, one age as young as eleven.

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:... Its not just the six, I believe it now we have ten, one age as young as eleven.
Those are the ones that have made it to the news :frown:

Correct Marsh, sadly not all are noticed and go unreported.

Not at all my non of my friends are anti-gay, it’s just that I only have 8 friends on my Facebook all of whom I know very very well. An I have never ever support any type of cause before, I have never ran for cancer or given money to type any of charity. Than this sprit day thing shows up in those 8 friends Facebook news feed, next thing I know there is a bunch of “are you gay questions all over my wall?”

See like I said completely selfish but I can’t think of any scenario that doesn’t end in an “are you gay” line of questioning.

On the other side of that scenario I hit that little attend button, it shows up on my friends Facebook they ignore it and nothing happens.

TimmyThink Wrote:Not at all my non of my friends are anti-gay, it’s just that I only have 8 friends on my Facebook all of whom I know very very well. An I have never ever support any type of cause before, I have never ran for cancer or given money to type any of charity. Than this sprit day thing shows up in those 8 friends Facebook news feed, next thing I know there is a bunch of “are you gay questions all over my wall?”

Timmy, having this day in your mind is (to my mind) what this day is about - its not essential to facebook it, especially if its going to cause you to receive uncomfortable attention Confusedmile:

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:Its not just the six, I believe it now we have ten, one age as young as eleven.

Ahh please don't, it hurts!!!! ;[ ;[; [;[;[;[ I am in tears, really. I...I cant believe all this... and I can only imagine how many kids kill themselves for the same reasons here in Bulgaria every year, and no one ever learns cause it doesnt go in the newspapers or on the news...

I am so fuckin determined to help but no one would turn to me ;[ maybe...in time...

Read this story, everybody:

Alain's Watch

it contains no sex or love for that matter. but it is touching. really.