Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiritual Gardening
Well, I am pretty excited about the podcast and I did steal one of the @ChadCoxRox's suggestions for the name. It's just something I'm bad at, took my forever to name my cat lol. Anyway, I was able to get a trailer recorded for the podcast, website launched, social media and also on Spotify. Now, I just need to wait and make sure Apple and all the other platforms will approve my podcast then I can move forward with releasing the two episodes I have (brainstorming for the 3rd episode).

Anyway, the webpage is www.spiritualgardening.net and on Spotify it is https://open.spotify.com/show/7AqKKlRWlf...F0GNe4xj6w

You guys are pretty much the first peeps to know Big Grin
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 4 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy, Bookworm, ceez, ChadCoxRox

(02-20-2021, 04:30 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Well, I am pretty excited about the podcast and I did steal one of the @ChadCoxRox's suggestions for the name. It's just something I'm bad at, took my forever to name my cat lol. Anyway, I was able to get a trailer recorded for the podcast, website launched, social media and also on Spotify. Now, I just need to wait and make sure Apple and all the other platforms will approve my podcast then I can move forward with releasing the two episodes I have (brainstorming for the 3rd episode).

Anyway, the webpage is www.spiritualgardening.net and on Spotify it is https://open.spotify.com/show/7AqKKlRWlf...F0GNe4xj6w

You guys are pretty much the first peeps to know  Big Grin

Great news and congratulations! It's not stealing when you ask and we make suggestions. Looking forward to a little digging into the weeds to sort out a bit of harvest sir! Heart
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

I like the title, Spiritual Gardening  Thumbgrin  
Get digging into to those deep roots!

Looking forward to listening to your podcasts Mike.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

So looks like I am on 6 platforms so far, waiting for Apple, Google and a few others. I will have 2 episodes come on on March 6th so that I will hopefully have enough time to record 1-2 more episodes so I can stay ahead of things hopefully. Hopefully I can find some people who might be interested in being on the podcast, like an interview or a guest speaker of sorts. It would be neat to have someone who does Tarot and can talk about that, answer questions, etc.

So, not to spoil the 3rd episode but I thought I would share my experiences with anxiety and depression. I thought it was a good idea but I'm having some second thoughts because what I talk about might be helpful to some but perhaps not to others, so I'm concerned about the reception that might have. So looking for some opinions on whether that topic should be covered or not, or change my approach (which I didn't mention because doing so would pretty much spoil it).
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ceez

(02-23-2021, 01:50 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: So looks like I am on 6 platforms so far, waiting for Apple, Google and a few others. I will have 2 episodes come on on March 6th so that I will hopefully have enough time to record 1-2 more episodes so I can stay ahead of things hopefully. Hopefully I can find some people who might be interested in being on the podcast, like an interview or a guest speaker of sorts. It would be neat to have someone who does Tarot and can talk about that, answer questions, etc.

So, not to spoil the 3rd episode but I thought I would share my experiences with anxiety and depression. I thought it was a good idea but I'm having some second thoughts because what I talk about might be helpful to some but perhaps not to others, so I'm concerned about the reception that might have. So looking for some opinions on whether that topic should be covered or not, or change my approach (which I didn't mention because doing so would pretty much spoil it).

The role of spirituality in recovery is well documented. The "process" of mental illness, whether mood, personality or addiction is specifically known to be a great parallel to the process of recovery. Thus, the choosing becomes more salient than the choice itself, and risking more so than having taken a risk, and so forth. I would suggest that the disclosure not be the focus but rather an example of the reflection and consideration of recovery, of course including the spiritual aspects of the process for sure. The "spirituality of imperfection" can be a very powerful aspect of resilient recovery. So, yes, I'd be very interested in your "content" but mostly within the context of your process of recovery. Cool Heart
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
  • InbetweenDreams

@ChadCoxRox I did speak about some of my experiences, not so much that I intended to disclose everything to make admissions about mistakes but I did talk about some of the strategies I had. I guess my concern was that people who are in abusive situations, households, relationships or perhaps have PTSD from being in the military, I don't know how useful what I have to say would to those folks and likewise I don't want to make it sound like anxiety or depression are things you can deal with on your own because that isn't always the case....in fact it is seldom ever the case. At any rate I am going to do a retake because I really glazed over Ostara which should be its own episode.
Check out my stuff!
  • ChadCoxRox

(02-24-2021, 06:56 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @ChadCoxRox I did speak about some of my experiences, not so much that I intended to disclose everything to make admissions about mistakes but I did talk about some of the strategies I had. I guess my concern was that people who are in abusive situations, households, relationships or perhaps have PTSD from being in the military, I don't know how useful what I have to say would to those folks and likewise I don't want to make it sound like anxiety or depression are things you can deal with on your own because that isn't always the case....in fact it is seldom ever the case. At any rate I am going to do a retake because I really glazed over Ostara which should be its own episode.

The point of people caring for spiritual growth is mostly for connection and meaning. So I agree, healing within the context of relationships is often critical to spiritual progress. If you come from a place of genuine care and love, for others and for the inherent value of cultivating spirituality for ones own sake, then the intent of the disclosure will be more naturally apparent. Taking on the responsibility for other's triggers despite being sensitive and caring can be impeding rather than simply protective. You seem fairly candid so talking about your intent and being open will shine through and take precedent even though there will always be the risk of others having a negative experience. I find that when listeners lack ability to respond well they are often relying on habitual reaction, and that limited response-ability reveals more of the path that leads through the garden in the first place. I look forward to listening. I know you are very interested in producing and publishing your work to the best of your ability and I hope that a part of that quality will come from simple, genuine sharing, resulting in a superior process toward enlightened growth for your listeners. Interested listeners will likely be more forgiving than your expectations for yourself so that the interest may drive loyalty to the series. Since it's yours, you can glaze and return as you see fit.
Bighug
  • InbetweenDreams

Well @ChadCoxRox I just finished retaking and editing the 3rd episode. I think it turned out better. One thing I am noticing is that I end up doing a 2nd take of the episode. But, I also hate scripting, I don't know how anyone can script an entire 45-60 minute podcast... I can see outlines, having a general idea or direction but a word for word script seems to be insane.

But I do appreciate your encouragement, I do often make things out worse than they usually are, also tend to be more critical of myself than I should at times. So, I plan on making that episode come out on March 13th, the first two on March 6th. That will hopefully give me enough head room to record more episodes and hopefully get to a point where I don't feel rushed. I think 3-4 episodes a month is reasonable I think.
Check out my stuff!
  • ChadCoxRox

(02-25-2021, 04:47 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Well @ChadCoxRox I just finished retaking and editing the 3rd episode. I think it turned out better. One thing I am noticing is that I end up doing a 2nd take of the episode. But, I also hate scripting, I don't know how anyone can script an entire 45-60 minute podcast... I can see outlines, having a general idea or direction but a word for word script seems to be insane.

But I do appreciate your encouragement, I do often make things out worse than they usually are, also tend to be more critical of myself than I should at times. So, I plan on making that episode come out on March 13th, the first two on March 6th. That will hopefully give me enough head room to record more episodes and hopefully get to a point where I don't feel rushed. I think 3-4 episodes a month is reasonable I think.
I bet with experience your comfort with a bullet list for reference will result in adequate one takes! Sure hope so. Heart
  • InbetweenDreams

Thanks @ChadCoxRox I hope I can improve stuff as I go along.

On a completely unrelated note, looks like Squarespace as a web host will not work out. The reason is that they will not allow you to embed any javascript or iframes in a block on a webpage, which means I cannot embed Spotify/Anchor.fm podcast player on my page so people could listen to the podcast.

So they restrict what content you have have on the page because they want to upsell their service...by force. Right now I have the "Personal" plan because, well, it is a personal site. Thankfully I did not buy a full year's subscription but means I'm paying $16 per month instead of $12. So looks like I will just go back to doing self-hosting so I can do what I want. That's what I currently do for my blog. I will, however, get SSL for the podcast since I do want to actually appear in web searches and want SEO to work. I don't know if I'll need to but I may end up having to transfer the domain after I reach the 60 day mark if I cannot point my domain to my webserver. I would honestly prefer to go ahead and just start over on the website and host it myself and do it sooner so I can avoid paying their ridiculous monthly fee and have these limitations which I find rediculous...at least for my purposes. Can't embed a web player on a page at $16/month? F*** that.
Check out my stuff!