Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiritual Gardening
Last time I maintained my own actual web presence was with AOL and Geocities. LOL So I'm afraid faceback, IG are all I deal with anymore. I did see this interested site you may have already known about...Good Luck sorting it out Mike.
https://www.podcastinsights.com/podcast-embed-players/
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I should be ok, spent the day off and on setting up another wordpress install. At home I have a "server" that I use for various things and also hosts my personal blog and one other site. Apache, the web server software, allows you create a "virtual host" so when someone types in for example spiritualgardening.net or mikefoley.xyz they go to the correct page even though both websites are on the same server. So, likely tomorrow I will "pull the plug" on Squarspace and point the DNS to my webserver and purchase a SSL certificate and things should be peachy....in theory anyway. Plus I think the theme I got in wordpress looks better than what Squarespace has provided.

edit: my first website was on tripod....not sure if anyone remembers them. They're kind of like Geocities. Then I had a forum of sorts.... http://web.archive.org/web/2008051807285...ts.net:80/

Yeah, I did all that crap like in Microsoft Word or FrontPage or whatever it was, looked awful. I did briefly (1 year) have gayforums a few years ago but at the time I didn't have the money to really do it justice and I can tell you starting a new forum is going to be difficult for anyone. So, now I just do my blog which I seldom ever update. So, we'll see how this podcast stuff goes.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(02-25-2021, 10:09 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: edit: my first website was on tripod....not sure if anyone remembers them. They're kind of like Geocities. Then I had a forum of sorts.... http://web.archive.org/web/2008051807285...ts.net:80/

Yeah, I did all that crap like in Microsoft Word or FrontPage or whatever it was, looked awful. I did briefly (1 year) have gayforums a few years ago but at the time I didn't have the money to really do it justice and I can tell you starting a new forum is going to be difficult for anyone. So, now I just do my blog which I seldom ever update. So, we'll see how this podcast stuff goes.

Such a sexy geek of a man. Big Grin Heart  That was a serious throw back and it made me smile and smile. Hey, it's really not THAT long ago, all said and done. But wow how tech has advanced, eh? Shy
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

@ChadCoxRox lol well thanks. I used to think I was "good" at web design, I look back and gag lol. Web design, from scratch like back in the day are long gone. Everything is find a template and change all the CSS and whatnot...or well that's the level I take it.

The good news though is I got the SSL cert put on the webserver and everything is hunky dory now. Does seem like right off the bad you get more traffic for having SSL. My blog normally doesn't see much traffic at all (then again I don't update it all that often) so I may consider adding SSL to it and hopefully that will help with SEO and whatnot... I know a lot of browsers, especially mobile, assume https and will fail to load the site.

Now I am off to get a coffee maker for the office and do a bit of shopping...hopefully I can get some time and maybe work on a 4th episode lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

Welp, the episodes finally went out and I learned a couple things. Seems my car is a really good test on listenability, because my headphones, home HiFi all seem to sound good because they can handle all the exaggerations but the car really points out the flaws in the audio. So the episodes I did with the old microphone have far too much bass and is almost unlistenable in the car without adjusting the levels. Which is something that a listener shouldn't have to do. The new microphone, much better overall but I had too much treble boosted on the mixer so going to dial that back a bit.

Finally, I think the obvious problem with my podcast is getting on with the subject matter. Seems I don't really go deep enough into things. Now, that could be me being to hard on myself, that I don't know enough about the subject matter, didn't do enough research or simply didn't get my idea/point across.

That being said I think I need to worry less about how many episodes I come out with but that the episodes I do come out with are worth listening to. I do think the more recent episodes are slightly better (like the Dr. Seuss one isn't as bad as the first episode, I recorded the bit about Seuss a couple days ago).
Check out my stuff!

(03-08-2021, 01:59 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Welp, the episodes finally went out and I learned a couple things. Seems my car is a really good test on listenability, because my headphones, home HiFi all seem to sound good because they can handle all the exaggerations but the car really points out the flaws in the audio. So the episodes I did with the old microphone have far too much bass and is almost unlistenable in the car without adjusting the levels. Which is something that a listener shouldn't have to do. The new microphone, much better overall but I had too much treble boosted on the mixer so going to dial that back a bit.

Finally, I think the obvious problem with my podcast is getting on with the subject matter. Seems I don't really go deep enough into things. Now, that could be me being to hard on myself, that I don't know enough about the subject matter, didn't do enough research or simply didn't get my idea/point across.

That being said I think I need to worry less about how many episodes I come out with but that the episodes I do come out with are worth listening to. I do think the more recent episodes are slightly better (like the Dr. Seuss one isn't as bad as the first episode, I recorded the bit about Seuss a couple days ago).
Have not gotten to listen yet. Dad has been sick and spring cleaning at his place. I'll catch up! Heart

@ChadCoxRox No worries, I hope your dad feels better soon! Take care!
Check out my stuff!