Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spokeless bicycle
Do you think that this is really feasible? It seems to me that it would need an awful lot of peddaling to gain any speed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Looks extremely flimsy to me.

Those gears/bearings would have to be extremely tight and stable in order to deal with the weight of the rider and rough surfaces. I can see hitting a crack on the ground and a wheel popping off.

Feasible? Yes.

Practical? No.

I'm with Mr. Tinkles on this.

[Image: dyson-fans.jpg]

Reminds me of these fans Wink

synonymous Wrote:[Image: dyson-fans.jpg]

Except those Dyson fans are extremely effective and now, whisper quiet. And very expensive.

synonymous Wrote:[Image: dyson-fans.jpg]

I actually like those air movers (fans have blades).
I did not think they would work, but I've been to some places that have them displayed and working, and they are pretty strong.

WAY too expensive though, for a piece of cheap plastic with a hair dryer motor inside.

MisterTinkles Wrote:WAY too expensive though, for a piece of cheap plastic with a hair dryer motor inside.

I agree that they are expensive but one has to take in to consideration the millions that went to to R & D to produce the finished product. I saw an article about these recently and James Dyson said that they had spent quite a few millions more to make them even quieter. Apparently people had complained that the noise they made was like the buzzing of a mosquito.

Oh, by the way, ihe plastic is far from being cheap and nor is the motor from a hair dryer. Unfortunately cheap Chinese fakes are already on the market that electrically speaking, are positively dangerous.