Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Pancras railway station and hotel
I'm not obsessd with taking shots with my iPhone but it's all I had on me this morning on my way to an appointment.  I took this shot at about 09.30.  For those who don't know it, St. Pancras station and hotel was designed by William Henry Barlow and opened in 1868.  The roof of the station was in its time, the largest of its kind in the world with a span of 245 ft 6 in (74.83 m).  The hotel, originally the Grand Midland is now the Renaissance Hotel and is built in the splendor of the Victorian Gothic

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 3 members Like LONDONER's post:
  • andy, Bhp91126, eastofeden

don't care if your obsessed or not, keep taking pics!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • eastofeden

(12-14-2020, 07:10 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: don't care if your obsessed or not, keep taking pics!

You're too kind @CellarDweller.  I'll do my best but I really should go out wih my camera.  The only thing that will prevent me is that London is entering Tier 3, the most restrictive, that will curtail free movement unless it's absolutely essential.  I'll be so glad when COVID19 is finally conquered.

Well, here's the same subject, taken at almost the same time but the following day, but this time with my faithful Canon P&S.  It's surprising how well the iPhone stands up against the competition.

[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • andy