Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek
My favourite was Next Generation and then Voyager. I absolutely hated DS9 and the original series was way too cheesy for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new movie!!

Cheesy is what makes it funny!:biggrin:
I think the new movie looks good, but it just doesn't look like Star Trek. So Im not sure if i even want to see it.:confused:

I watched "The search for Spock" and "The undiscoverd country" yesterday, and I noticed, the old films are really, REALLY BRILIANT, like some of my favorite-est films ever!:eek:

Anyone remember the phaser pen Sulu uses on the security console while rescuing McCoy before they steal back the Enterprise in "The search for Spock"? I WANT ONE!Happy
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:... Anyone remember the phaser pen Sulu uses on the security console while rescuing McCoy before they steal back the Enterprise in "The search for Spock"? I WANT ONE!Happy
That sounds like a very good reason for not letting you have one!!! Rolleyes

Genersis Wrote:Cheesy is what makes it funny!:biggrin:

Yeah, but I'm laughing AT them not with them - and don't get me started on the sets! :biggrin:

Genersis Wrote:Anyone remember the phaser pen Sulu uses on the security console while rescuing McCoy before they steal back the Enterprise in "The search for Spock"? I WANT ONE!Happy

I know exactly how you feel...sort of. For the longest time, I wanted to be a cop. I realized later I just wanted the car and the power to pull people over on a whim. That would be so cool! :tongue:

Must say that I really enjoyed the new Star Trek... so much invention and the dialogues are witty too. Anyway, I didn't really expect to have so much fun with a kind of film that I don't generally rave about. I think Woolverine was good but this was much more, by far, to my liking. The human element was not neglected at all and I must say the story line refers to all the series I used to see in my youth, which (cheesy though they may be) turned out to be a great way to reinvent the plot. 5 stars, I say.

Pity there's no NEW series...since we've had the NEW film.