Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars
I'm not a fan but I liked more or less the whole 6 movies. A 7th by Disney? We'll see, maybe is going to be a crappy film, maybe not, maybe good...

Woollyhats Wrote:I don't think anyone has to watch or care about the Disney adaptions if they don't want too. The original classics will always be just that, no matter how good (or bad) Disney's take on Star Wars is.
And as usual I agree with the wiser teen ever, Kuma... ;-)

Episode 7 is being written by Lawrence Kasdan and Michael Arndt and directed by JJ Abrams. That's an awesome combination. There's a good chance it is going to be fabulous. Really looking forward to it.

MisterTinkles Wrote:[B]But does an artist have the right to change a piece AFTER the fact? Especially after a fan base has been created on that work?

As an artist I say ABSOLUTELY if that's what I am compelled to do.

As a fan I say absolutely, but don't expect me to simply just like or love it the way I did before.

I'm a great fan of Star Wars and my love for it has not been so dependent on that relationship to compel me to be angry, disappointed, frustrated or put off by the work's evolution. I really don't give a rats ass about the evolution because my love and respect for the original was genuinely appreciated and remains as such. No matter what happens from that time that appreciation will not be changed. It's just a matter of personal taste. And I expect the majority of "hardcore" fans might disagree but I'd argue that taking that approach limits possibility and shuns for irrational purposes other than the life of the work itself. My MAIN interest in work lies with the artist's rendering and intent, if available, and the only way I let my own personal agenda dictate in the matter is if I struggle to actually like the artist's work in the first place.

blah blah blah... Great prosperity the legacy hath afforded. The part I fell in love with remains for my eternal edification. Laugh
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:As an artist I say ABSOLUTELY if that's what I am compelled to do.

As a fan I say absolutely, but don't expect me to simply just like or love it the way I did before.

I'm a great fan of Star Wars and my love for it has not been so dependent on that relationship to compel me to be angry, disappointed, frustrated or put off by the work's evolution. I really don't give a rats ass about the evolution because my love and respect for the original was genuinely appreciated and remains as such. No matter what happens from that time that appreciation will not be changed. It's just a matter of personal taste. And I expect the majority of "hardcore" fans might disagree but I'd argue that taking that approach limits possibility and shuns for irrational purposes other than the life of the work itself. My MAIN interest in work lies with the artist's rendering and intent, if available, and the only way I let my own personal agenda dictate in the matter is if I struggle to actually like the artist's work in the first place.

blah blah blah... Great prosperity the legacy hath afforded. The part I fell in love with remains for my eternal edification. Laugh

Reminds me of an old adages here in the Southern USA....

"Dont mess with perfection" or "If you got it right the first time, then don't fuck with it".

I adore the first 3 like most others - hated the first of the prequels but after watching the following two it turned out the first one was not so bad after all - I actually loved Liam Neeson's character and felt he actually could have belong in the original trilogy , dreading the next 3 - is it going to be a bunch of perfect teens with perfect teeth straight from the Twilight saga ? ie, looks over substance to appeal to the 12 and under market

One interesting way to look at the prequels is seeing the films through the eyes of Anakin Skywalker.

Episode 1- The film is fun light hearted,very bright,filmed in mainly daylight,Like a kids adventure as seen by Anakin as a child

Episode 2 - The teenage film,darker,anger and rebellion as seen by Anakin as a teenager

Episode 3 - Most of this film is filmed at night or in darkness,the plot is also very dark,Anakin now as a adult who has lost his way seeing the universe through a twisted perspective.

matty7 Wrote:, dreading the next 3 - is it going to be a bunch of perfect teens with perfect teeth straight from the Twilight saga ? ie, looks over substance to appeal to the 12 and under market

If they do that I'm starting a massive riot at the movies. I loved episodes 4-6 but I didn't like that changes were made to them, episodes 1-3 were ok, I don't know why some people were upset he did them, he started with episode four so I was expecting that. I already know I wont like the new movies as much as the originals but I'll still give it a shot.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I dont really care for it a great deal but the original 3 are ok.

I just think people should come up with new ideas and original format, when your doing remakes/sequels they feel so much pressure to make it as good as the original that its too construed.

ceez Wrote:If they do that I'm starting a massive riot at the movies. I loved episodes 4-6 but I didn't like that changes were made to them, episodes 1-3 were ok, I don't know why some people were upset he did them, he started with episode four so I was expecting that. I already know I wont like the new movies as much as the originals but I'll still give it a shot.

I also want to give them a shot - they just need casting properly and not by a marketing man with his hands on the purse strings

Latest Star Wars update, original actors to star in new films, such as Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca and Anthony Daniels as C3P0, hopefully this is a good sign and the films will be enjoyable to see.