Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stargate did any one watch it?
Have any of you guys seen the TV series Stargate?
An eye for an eye

Watched it, and Stargate Universe and Atlantis although preferred the original Stargate until season 8 with the defeat of the G'ould, the introduction of the Ori was too convenient as a new enemy. I loved the plot progression and had withdrawal symptoms when it ended.

Yes all three series (SG1, Atlantis and Universe/ SGU)

The first series was great, new, fresh, inventive. Atlantis wasn't too bad... but by the time they hit SGU they were clearly running out of ideas.

I think the first series shouldn't have killed off the Goa'uld The Ori were pretty much a stop gap measure to keep the series limping along and the plot felt like that.

Atlantis had its pros and cons, but was too short. They missed a good opportunity there to make it far more interesting.

SGU may have been better, but it was killed in its infancy due to lack of interest.

SG just didn't have the legs of the Startrek universe. Whereas Startrek never had a real resolution for a major problem, SG had set major problems to 'solve' and once solved there was little more to do.

Besides which, Wraith, Goauld and Ori were all pretty much the same enemy, different names, different wrappers, but the same 'OMG the whole Galaxy is at risk' Enemy. Bad writing/story/plot if you want to have several spin off series.

Thanks guys I haven't seen it before but I may watch it.
An eye for an eye

Ive seen them all.

The original series is good.
Stargate Atlantis is "eh".
Stargate Universe is BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING!!!

Yeah i use to love watching that show growing up Tongue

I used to.
But I was too young to really take it in.
I don't remember much.

I use to watch it all the time and even have the first season on DVD. Have not see it in awhile tho. Also watched Stargate Atlantis Big Grin

all the time.

watched every series they did Smile

We really need a new series on Space Travelers!!!

It's been awhile since the TV producers have come up with anything to replace the sci-fi shows like Lost In Space, Babylon 5, StarTrek, or the Stargate series.

They could do a futuristic remake of Lost In Space that could run for years!!!! You know - a fancier space ship and wilder looking aliens to worry about...
We Have Elvis !!