Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starsign Conclusions
I'm into all sorts of mythology, religion, and anything esoteric. I like to think about the implications some of these things have and how they affect us to this day, whether through actual mysticism or just the power of psychology and belief.

Anyway, I've dabbled with astrology and I enjoy at least investigating how accurate they are or aren't. I'll try to find it, but there was a website free to use that would break down your astrological sign based off of what planets were where and not just the standard "You are a Cancer".

So what I want to know is what you all think about it. Is it cleverly worded slop, a predictionary tool, or something that has actual power over us?

I'm no fan of the idea of Fate because how it undermines the value behind our decisions and actions, but starsigns interest me most when talking about personality and character traits. It gets some things right, but I refuse to believe in the strict sense of destiny. I don't believe or disbelieve in astrology, I just think it is an excellent chance for self-examination about what we want in life and how we define ourselves.

Utter twaddle! :biggrin:

i can't remember the details of it , but a while ago a man (whose name i can't remember . really annoyed about that) did an experiment where he gave several people a questionnaire to fill out , and then he wrote them extremely detailed star sign / personality evaluation things

he never read the answers to their questionnaires . all his evaluations were exactly the same for each person .

that's how star signs work . they're just vague enough to apply to everyone , no matter how detailed they might look .

I am the same, I never paid any attention to Astrology or Animal Spirits until late last year. Horoscopes I'm a little weary on, I don't read mine until my day has ended snce I don't want to be swayed by the power of suggestion. I have a friend who reads hers religiously in the morning and then literally plans her day to follow it. If it's true then it'll go that way without needing any influence xD

The majority of mine have been correct though. I'm Sagittarius, my Planet is Jupiter and my elements are Metal and Fire xD

However I find it fascinating and I'm beginning to see and understand Astrology. I'm really curious about it now.

I don't believe in astrology at all. It's just stuff that was made up long ago and some people stick to it, because, as everyone knows, people were much smarter and spiritually connected in the past. They clearly weren't. One of the founders of "modern-day" astrology was Ptolemy who was very smart indeed, but also believed that the solar system was geocentric and planets moved in epicycles. He was also a Roman and Romans were prone to making up superstitious nonsense. Just check out The Natural History by Pliny the Elder. This work was in high regard at the time of writing, but reading it now presents the danger of facepalming yourself to death.

Galileo Galilei made his living doing astrology and clearly didn't believe in it.
EDIT: I guess I also have to add that Newton did believe in astrology and was obsessed by it in his later years.

This is the same as animal magnetism or homeopathy.

Modern astrology can't be perfect. It assigns the wrong constellation to the wrong time period, and it does so because Astrology does not account for the astronomic phenomena called precession.

It gets worst, until very recently Saturn was the furthest observed body in the suns influence and was recognized way back as having about a 30 year period.

Astrology took as second large hit on March 13, 1781 when Uranus was found, then a third hit on September 23, 1846 when Neptune was Discovered.

If astrology were real, then at best there should have had unexplainable patterns and influence from these two planets which would have made astrologers go 'Eureka for thousands of years we didn't understand ________, Now these new planets make it all clear!"

Instead, Astrologers just made up more hooey and went blissfully on their way totally ignoring that Aries is now Pisces and Taurus is now Aries and so on and so forth, but what do you expect from a group of people who never go outside and look up at the fracking stars they go on on on about as if they have knowledge?

Adjusted for 2200 years of precession the real constellations and their times are:

1. Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
  2. Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
  3. Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
  4. Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
  5. Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
  6. Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
  7. Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
  8. Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
  9. Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
  10. Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
  11. Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
  12. Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
  13. Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

Please to note that Ophiuchus is never mentioned by astrologers making 13, not 12 astrological signs.

Most of modern Astrology is pretty much a sham. There are a few groups who actually paid attention and followed the night sky and the signs, and who have been using 13 constellations all along. There is also another lesser known group who follow the 'dark constellations' which is the darkness between groups and there are 14 such 'sighs' in the heavens.

Those using the 13 constellations and kept track of the sky did have a few 'eureka moments' the discover of Neptune, Pluto, Uranus did actually answer a few patterns that kept on appearing. The ones following the Dark Constellations never speak about what they know. Never to the outside world.

Unfortunately with the new attention on facts over myths countless centuries out of date, a lot of sneaky astrologers are starting to fudge the books and pretend they knew all along. They are still charlatans and liars.

This con of man, way to deep to go on about.... Rolleyes

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Adjusted for 2200 years of precession the real constellations and their times are:

1. Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
  2. Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
  3. Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
  4. Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
  5. Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
  6. Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
  7. Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
  8. Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
  9. Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
  10. Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
  11. Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
  12. Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
  13. Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

0.0 If I'm Scorpio truly...then Astrology can't be correct! DDDDDx

I think they're meaningless.
I find them funny in their vagueness.

Fun fact:
If we were to count Pluto as big enough to be considered a planet, we would also have to consider Eris a planet.
I wonder how that would effect astrology...

0 scientific response = meaningless and a little annoyng for me ;-)
I don't like when people are into/obsessed of this things, but it's the same for religions etc.

I like other kinds of mythology but it's only an intellectual interest.

i dont' always act like my starsign, also most astrology seems to be out because they have fixed dates rather than changing with the rotiation of the earth.