Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start of the Christmas Season in the US
Tonight is the lighting of the Christmas Tree in New York in Rockefeller Plaza - it's quite the event.

http://www.wnbc.com/videostream/christma...etail.html

Start, I think its into full blown chaos. I don't even want to think about going to a mall this time of year. I'd be mauled, mamed, and murdered before even taking two steps into any store...
I'm actully grateful that I'm broke and can't do any shopping.

True - the city is mobbed! But the tree is beautiful - walked under it on the way home from work .. and there is always internet shopping!

I personally LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE christmas. Done all my christmas shopping, all wrapped with bows and and and umm done my christmas cards :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Awww that tree is luvverly! #sobs#

Our town tree is abismal. Mind you I suppose the poor thing #does# have to cope with being directly next our section of the the north sea. =S

(I'm gunna have to post a pic on here or something for comparison! Lmao!)

LOL

oh I would love to see it

and of course our tree has everything to do with money and nothing to do with Christmas

but I gotta say - it is beautiful this year

it has blue lights mixed in this year .. which I never really payed attention .. but apparently either never did or rarely did

now there are blue lights popping up all over the city

Ooo our little seaside town thing use the same blue and green lights each year... But there seems to be more missing each time it goes up. And kids that play around there steal bits... Plus if the sea gets up too much it falls over! Which knocks over the little fence that's around it.

It's sorta cute tbh, but bleurgh. I'll pop down and take a pic before it gets too ravished if I remember. (If they've even bothered putting it up this year...)

No competition with your one tho. Proper gorgeous. Ours is just a tree on a green. Lmao.

Cardiff does some pretty good christmas trees and lights and shizz. But then it has to being the capital.. :tongue:
[/COLOR]

yes! Take a picture!

this one is some 80 feet tall

taken off someones property in Connecticut I think it was

took a truck convoy to bring it here

but you have to remember - there aren't many 80 foot trees in New York City!

Heres another cool pic

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2007/11...index.html

Yeh new york pretty much outdoes everyone.. So DONT RUB IT IN Cry
[/COLOR]