Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting an essay, any ideas how too lol!
Cheers for that I'll have a go at using that after I've been to the Library. Fingers crossed I'll find what I'm looking for lol!

Well it's 4:50am and I have only written 874 words so thats 1626 words to go and I have to finish it by 2pm on Wednesdays lol!

I'm getting really tired now, any ideas of ways to keep your self a week???

sweetlad86 Wrote:I'm getting really tired now, any ideas of ways to keep your self a week???

Well, if ya wanna keep yourself a week then get a calendar (lol, I couldnt help myself Wavey )

If ya wanna keep yourself awake then there is the usual coffee/caffeine, cold air/shower, a good slap to the face (if only I was much closer Remybussi ), loud blasting music... sorry thats all I got for now as I am getting sleepy too, LOL

I'm pissed now lmao!

Cant wait till Wednesday night, I'm going to get mash lmao!

I'm planing of going out with my mates, after we all hand in are essay's lol!

I slit the numbers down to 600 words on each of the subjects that I'm reading about I still have 200 words more on what I'm writing at the moment so that leaves 200 or about for the conclusion.

I never worry too much about word counts. I would always write until I felt satisfied that I wrote something worthwhile. I think I had only one essay where the professor commented that it should have been longer.

Don't confine yourself to word counts. Write until you feel like you have finished it. I always felt that if I tried to make it longer, it would be extra drivle that was not needed.

My second piece of advice, make use of any bibliography you can get your hands on that is relavent to your topic. I can't tell you how much it helped me in my last couple years to find extremely obscure references and books you may not otherwise find.

If only you were writing about sport changing after the industrial revolution, you could have used this as an intro:

"There was sport before the industrial revolution. There was sport after the industrial revolution.

But the nature of this sport differed greatly, because of the industrial revolution in between.

But how greatly?

To find out, you must read on."

XRIMO Wrote:I never worry too much about word counts. I would always write until I felt satisfied that I wrote something worthwhile. I think I had only one essay where the professor commented that it should have been longer.

Don't confine yourself to word counts. Write until you feel like you have finished it. I always felt that if I tried to make it longer, it would be extra drivle that was not needed.

As far as I can remember I have never written an essay that in its first draft was not at least 50% over the maximum word limit. Confusedmile:
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:As far as I can remember I have never written an essay that in its first draft was not at least 50% over the maximum word limit. Confusedmile:

Lucky for some =P. I'm in the middle of an essay at the moment to be handed in on Wednesday and I'm stuck on the last 500 words. I know what I need to do, I just can't bring myself to write it down for some reason. I'm just bored, I guess. =(

Any one know of a better way of saying Slag off, in the context of "as most reviews these days just slag off artists off"?

Its for my essay!!

Please!!

slag off means verbally attact or I guess you mean criticise but the context you use it in doesnt make any sense to begin with???