Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting gay "sex-only" web app
I've been using gay dating apps for years, my friends also and I've been watching other people using dating apps. I realized that 99% of the time it was not for dating and meeting a person, it was for sex.

Most of these apps are considered and promoted as "dating apps", which we all know are not. But they have to promote themselves like that because otherwise they won't be allowed in the app stores. From my perspective, they are missing some very crucial and important features because of that.

My 2 friends and I really think that we can contribute in that way. Create a web app that is for sex only with a focus on making it easier and faster to find a sex partner. The goal is to:
  • allow dick and ass pics -> so you can actually see what you are looking for, no need to look at empty profiles to choose from, so pics are mandatory
  • verify people -> in a way to take a pic of your dick or ass with your username written on a piece of paper, just to verify that it is a person and not a bot or such
  • sex only -> the goal is to create a place that openly serves its purpose so it can truly grow that way, so no false advertising as dating or meeting friends, you came there to have sex
I'm aware that there are similar apps and competition, but that is fine, I learn from them and offer something better.
The thing is that we have to start hyper-local, like a city, otherwise it doesn't make sense since there won't be people on the site to meet. Does anyone have an idea what would be the best way to promote it locally, on a city level?

(09-17-2022, 12:51 PM)DadoRocks Wrote: I've been using gay dating apps for years, my friends also and I've been watching other people using dating apps. I realized that 99% of the time it was not for dating and meeting a person, it was for sex.

Most of these apps are considered and promoted as "dating apps", which we all know are not. But they have to promote themselves like that because otherwise they won't be allowed in the app stores. From my perspective, they are missing some very crucial and important features because of that.

My 2 friends and I really think that we can contribute in that way. Create a web app that is for sex only with a focus on making it easier and faster to find a sex partner. The goal is to:
  • allow dick and ass pics -> so you can actually see what you are looking for, no need to look at empty profiles to choose from, so pics are mandatory
  • verify people -> in a way to take a pic of your dick or ass with your username written on a piece of paper, just to verify that it is a person and not a bot or such
  • sex only -> the goal is to create a place that openly serves its purpose so it can truly grow that way, so no false advertising as dating or meeting friends, you came there to have sex
I'm aware that there are similar apps and competition, but that is fine, I learn from them and offer something better.
The thing is that we have to start hyper-local, like a city, otherwise it doesn't make sense since there won't be people on the site to meet. Does anyone have an idea what would be the best way to promote it locally, on a city level?
You are aware that dating apps like Tinder and Grindr were actually created as hookup apps; they have to pass themselves off as dating applications owing to regulatory requirements. I would advise you to consult a company lawyer about your planned Sex-Only App before moving forward with development. Those well-known apps aren't promoted as "sex apps" for a reason. Sometimes you believe you've found a niche just to find out that others have already travelled that path and had to adapt their original concepts to fit their state or country's rules. I believe that applications like Tinder, Grindr, and all others like them are sex-only dating sites. For instance, the infamous RealJock website purports to be a "training buddy-system" website, but from the start, it had all the features of a dating and hookup website. In reality, RealJock may be a buddy system for gym rats and fitness enthusiasts, but it's more like a dating/hooking website for gym rats and fitness bitchee or for those who like them.