Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying home when a relative you don't end up in good terms comes visit.
This is an awkward situation. I live with my ex because it's convenient at the moment for both. We get along well. When we were together I had a few altercations with her sister in law. She attacked me personally. I did the same. I decided not to talk to her anymore and I did. We broke up and as I said we love together. She is comming to visit next week with a friend and I don't know what to do. Should I rent a room in a hotel for a 3 days and stay away or should I stay and just pretend nothing happened. I need your advice. For the record she never agreed to our relationship and always "encouraged" me to leave

If it were me, and I had the money to get myself a hotel room somewhere for the days she's in town? I'd do it. Just to save all the crap and drama.

Sounds like your ex is a woman and this is her sister who seeks to intervene to remove you completely from her sister's life. In that case, it's probably best if you left for the 3 days. In fact, if I were you then I wouldn't even leave an address, just a phone number that I could be reached at.

The sister in law probably thinks you're standing in the way of her sister getting another husband...it shouldn't be underestimated how plenty of women view having a husband. If she has no husband, then she has no worth, or so is the belief of all too many, at least at a subconscious level.

And as for your ex, if you're there then she'll probably feel divided between the 2 of you. That can be really hard for some women to take. If it's just her and her sister then she can nod to everything your sister says (which doesn't mean she's not ignoring it, btw), and be grateful that you made it easy on her (this assumes you don't try to guilt her as you leave, which could easily backfire on you), and will then tell you how glad she is her sister is gone again.

He is not a woman. He is a man. My ex is a man the sister in love is a woman Jeez why to bother clarifying ?

Zurdoknoc Wrote:When we were together I had a few altercations with her sister in law.

The fact that you put HER sister in law instead of HIS is probably why Pix thought you were talking about a woman. I was under the same impression. No need to be a dick to someone who was just trying to help simply because they got something wrong because of your spelling error.

Clarification and thanks to the ones that noticed my spelling mistake. HIS sister in law. I apologize and thanks for your help

Find someplace to go for a few days. Sounds like a good situation to avoid.
I bid NO Trump!

Applause to you for being civil about it.

As for your topic: You should probably find somewhere else to go for a few days. Yes, it is partly your place (assuming you both split rent) and your roommate should consider your feelings when inviting someone that he knows you do not get along with at all over to a place you also provide for but, it's obviously happening. So instead of trying to ignore her (which won't work if you all get along as badly as I imagine) then just go for the duration of her visit.

Yes, by all means, find a place to be for those 3 days, It's just overall better for all parties involved.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]