Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Sutton dies
Those outside of the UK will probably not know who Stephen Sutton is but he was a 19 years old who, had been diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer.

Rather than taking things lying down, Stephen made a bucket list of things to do before he died. Among those things was to raise £10,000 for a cancer charity. He didn't raise £10,000. When he died earlier today he had raised in excess of £3,300,000.

His fund raising efforts were helped by his Twitter account. Two weeks ago he was discharged from hospital after he coughed up a tumor that had restricted his breathing. It was unfortunate that some idiot troll wrote on Twitter that because Stephen had been discharged, he felt cheated about the money he had donated. I wonder how he feels now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27408818
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I actually read all this as I had been following him on Facebook and reading that post actually left me feeling so upset :/
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I'm so sorry to read this. Life is so unfair sometimes. He managed to achieve a lot for his short life. I have always been an admirer of such a brave people like Stephen Sutton.

I've read an article Twitted by BBC UK i think...

I was following him on FB as well.

Quite a remarkable young guy, who stared adversity in the face and turned it into something that will help others.

A credit to his family.

RIP.

ObW
X

Stephen's campaign has now raised in excess of £3,500,000 and it's still rising.

Stephen is being buried today and there will be a service in Lichfield Cathedral. As of today the amount that Stephen raised for the teenager cancer charity now exceeds £4,000,000.

I forgot to mention that tomorrow at 11am GMT there will be a "Thumbs up for Stephen". Those attending the funeral will be wearing something yellow because as Stephen said, he wanted to put the fun back in funerals.

Just news today. Stephen Sutton, deservedly has been awarded an MBE in the Queen's Honours List:

http://news.sky.com/story/1281969/queens...uttons-mbe

[Image: BqCl5-4CYAEyRv_.jpg:large]