Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereotype?
[COLOR="Navy"]I think as long as we are a society and a human race that yearns to belong to a group, we will have labels. It's almost built into the human consciousness to want to belong to a group and put a name on it. Just look and the group that calls themselves non-conformists. By calling themselves non-conformists they are labeling each other and therefore conforming to society's belief in labels.

If that made any sense....it did in my head at least lol
[/COLOR]

I'm gay. I can be camp and outrageous if I want to be, but that's not really my personality and would be an act. In the UK my colleagues were surprised to find out I was gay. Most of the countries I work in would be dangerous for me if I was "obviously" gay. My job isn't stereotypically gay, my homelife running a farm isn't either. My sexuality ss just one very small part of me and my makeup, and one I am very relaxed about and have no desire to change. I'm a human that happens to love men. My sexuality should never dominate my life, just as I wouldn't expect a straight person's to.