Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereotyping the 'MAN' In the gay realtionship
So i was talking to a friend through via text and he said he's the 'MAN' in the realtionship with he's lover, now i really don't believe in that stuff i believe if your in a gay realtionship you are both men, nothing more, and those kinda sterotypes pinch nerves in me alot, so what do you think? should there be one 'MAN' in the realtionship or are they both the man

P.S i'm not saying you can't be fem, by all means go nuts guys hah,

Well if he means he's the top is one thing, but saying he's the 'MAN' is another. I know if I were in a relationship there wouldn't be a designation of one of us as MAN and the other is the WOMAN because that isn't what I want, I'm a MAN and I want a MAN.

PA and I are are definitely both men (I've checked). If one of us were something else we wouldn't be gay, would we?

I prefer a relationship of equals.

Paul and I are both men as far as I can see.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

blame it on the society mr. XoXMistahJayXoX. i think it may have all started with the yin-yang sh*t the chinese invented to differentiate a man and a woman aside from their sexual organs. and perhaps gay couples tend to emulate that by putting unnecessary roles on their relationship.

personally, i don't mind stereotypes in gay relationships. if being a 'man' in a gay relationship means paying all the house bills, being the one to give flowers and chocolates and presents, the one who'll set up for dates and pay for it and do all the pluming stuff inside the house, then please, by all means, be the man in our relationship. i'd be more than glad to be the woman.

If a gay man says he's the "man" in the gay relationship, then there's something wrong with his masculinity. He feels the need to justify that.

that term means many different things to different people,it could mean,hes the top or more butch than his partner,to me it really isn't meant in a bad way.

To me it's not that he considers himself to be 'the man' in the relationship, it's that therefore he must consider his partner to be 'the woman' in the relationship. Maybe it's me being masculinist* but I find that a very demeaning attitude.

*Apologies for the neologism.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

A gay relationship is a relationship between a Man and a MAN.:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:A gay relationship is a relationship between a Man and a MAN.:tongue:

100 % Percent spot on mate Smile