Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Jobs' last words
These were most certainly not spoken by him but they could/should have been:

I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world.
In others’ eyes, my life is an epitome of success.

However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.

At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death.

In the darkness, I look at the green lights from the life supporting machines and hear the humming mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of god of death drawing closer…

Now I know, when we have accumulated sufficient wealth to last our lifetime, we should pursue other matters that are unrelated to wealth…
Should be something that is more important:

Perhaps relationships, perhaps art, perhaps a dream from younger days ...
Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me.

Life gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart, not the illusions brought about by wealth.

The wealth I have won in my life I cannot bring with me.
What I can bring is only the memories precipitated by love.
That’s the true riches which will follow you, accompany you, giving you strength and light to go on.

Love can travel a thousand miles. Life has no limit. Go where you want to go. Reach the height you want to reach. It is all in your heart and in your hands.

What is the most expensive bed in the world? - "Sick bed" …

You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone to bear the sickness for you.

Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – "Life".

When a person goes into the operating room, he will realize that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading – "Book of Healthy Life".

Whichever stage in life we are at right now, with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends...

Treat yourself well. Cherish others.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

that's really quite touching and sad... some people decide to admit this truth to themselves just after they are born, and some only admit just before death.

I heard there was a movie about him? I guess I could google it...not sure if it was out already or not.....

Our High Schools were rivals...we both grew up in Silicon Valley and he was just two years older than I was....I am older than him now when he died....

I know a lot of people who worked at Apple from the beginning and while he was alive..he was a rock star in my eyes for being innovative and also inclusive at a time when most people and companies weren't......he was a social justice warrior at a time we weren't expected to apologize for it....

I think I was 24 when the first people got AIDS...for the first couple of years...most everyone got karposis which made purple spots all over them. I will never forget the first time someone took off their shoes at the bar and showed me the bottom of his feet...a mass of purple spots...I felt sick for years remembering the moment I looked..... I wish I hadn't. That guy died within a month after he did that with his feet.....I still remember him....

One of the first cases was a friend of mine. I couldn't even visit him...they had plastic hanging all over the place and everyone wore what looked like pace suits so they didn't get "contaminated"....I always wondered what Michael must have bene thinking when he was lying there with all that scary stuff around him. Was he scared...or out of it?

...and so it began...from the time I was 24 when it started 'til I turned 40 and I couldn't take it anymore...I worked in the club and watched pretty much everyone around me die..one by one...and so I got to look at death up close and personal over and over and over...and talk to sooooo many guys in their final days.....most of the time I didn't realize it was their final days but I did realize they wanted to connect with someone...and I couldn't pretend I didn't notice...

I learned a lot...and I paid attention. I felt like not paying attention would have been disrespectful. I like that I was there so they could be heard....and I could listen. I really wanted to help and that is the only thing I had of any value...my ability to listen....and my ability to care...

I think one thing they all had in common...regrets....sadness....fear...not ready to die.....

What I took from it in the end...BE HERE NOW......show up for your life...participate in it....and love.....all kinds of love....it does matter. I think you take it with you.....It becomes part of who you are....

I don't know his personal story well enough....but I hope Steve Jobs had that...I hope everyone does. It makes a difference......

wao, i really care for this man, his products are top-class.

Steve's final words, hours earlier, were monosyllables, repeated three times.

Before embarking, he'd looked at his sister Patty, then for a long time at his children, then at his life's partner, Laurene, and then over their shoulders past them.

Steve's final words were: OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW.

While the above-quoted essay does not represent either Steve Jobs' final words nor remarks he made (in either oral or written form) at any time during his life, his biographer*Walter Isaacson didrecord*Jobs' expressing regret at the end of his life about how he raised his children:

http://www.snopes.com/steve-jobs-deathbed-speech/

Nope. You're never going to convince me to not want to be rich. I will become a billionaire one day! It will all be mine! Mine!

Firedevil

[Image: rich-women-girls-candy-chocolate-skinny-...ecards.png]

[Image: 48417e0dddedfdeecebba66e7508f064.jpg]

[Image: 1386222586320741.png]

Easy thing to say for someone who had money.

I knew there was a good reason why I didn't like that douchebag.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]