Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stickam up!
wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I'd certainly log in and listen / participate... probably wouldn't host a session though... it'd be like giving some sort of presentation and doing that scares the complete crap outta me!! (serious).

As for funny guys on there.. it's just a case of looking around... didn't take down any names.

lmao on the homepage theres a vid of some guy just bobbing his head up and down?

OMG presentations scare the crap out of me too - i've got my german oral in front of the department heads on 30th april and I'm bricking it majorly!!

Smurlos Wrote:lmao on the homepage theres a vid of some guy just bobbing his head up and down?

OMG presentations scare the crap out of me too - i've got my german oral in front of the department heads on 30th april and I'm bricking it majorly!!

lol.. I remember doing my German GCSE oral... which also happened to be with the head of dept.
I did ok... but whereas most people start off nervous then get into it... I was completely opposite.. started well... then the longer it went on the more stuttery I got and the more I forgot anything about the German language.. I was well glad when it was all over!!

Haven't really used it since and can hardly speak a word of it now.

Good luck with it... I'm sure you'll do ok... with your linguisitic skills... you could prolly pass for a German! Wink

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:lol.. I remember doing my German GCSE oral... which also happened to be with the head of dept.
I did ok... but whereas most people start off nervous then get into it... I was completely opposite.. started well... then the longer it went on the more stuttery I got and the more I forgot anything about the German language.. I was well glad when it was all over!!

Haven't really used it since and can hardly speak a word of it now.

Good luck with it... I'm sure you'll do ok... with your linguisitic skills... you could prolly pass for a German! Wink

Haha my accent says otherwise :biggrin:
Oh I'm just a nervous wreck from start to finish! Although I was the same in my last oral, and I also sweated a lot and yeah wasted many an hour shaking with nervousness before... and when I got in it was fine. But it's like rollercoasters. You know what they're like coz you've conquered them before... yet in that queue you still chew your nails and sigh nervously haha! Stupid human instinct!