Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still in the closet
Hi everyone. I need some advice on how I can come out.

I'm going to graduate this June from high school and since I live in West Texas its kinda hard for anyone to come out without the whole town flipping out. I've come out to my counselor at school and she totally accepted me. However, I need to know how I should tell my friends. Should I just tell them, or should I wait for some big celebration or event to come where I can tell them?

Thank you all so much for your help! Happy

Hi, its not easy to say how to do it ... but.... to tell it at a celebration .. or holiday .. or mom´s birthday, its a very bad idea ( for my experiences ).... every time if such a days comes back it will remind them on a - maybe - not really funny moment. I would say: wait for a good moment ... maybe when all in good mood ... or you alone with only one very important family member.... and don´t rush ...

I just came out and said 'I'm gay.' - no big fan fare, and in places where I was dealing with the individual one on one.

Personally, I wouldn't chose a celebration. One on one definitely seems to be a safer way. You can't take it back once you do it. I had wanted to blurt it out many times. But when I looked back a week later, I was always glad I hadn't done it. Straight people don't feel the need to announce it. You may confide in someone who means a lot to you and who you feel you can trust. The rest of them may just slowly get the point from your behavior. No need to announce it if you don't feel like it.

Good luck! Smile

One by one is nice way to go I think.

I came out to one person to another at a time. First time was nerve wrecking. But I've expected that.

Nowadays I just go, "I'm gay." Without hesitation whatsoever.

sawind Wrote:However, I need to know how I should tell my friends. Should I just tell them, or should I wait for some big celebration or event to come where I can tell them?

I think you should tell close friends yourself. When you have done that then maybe you might make a general announcement to mere acquaintances at some big celebration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Thank y'all so much for helping me! :biggrin: