Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop with the insults.
XRIMO Wrote:Has anyone put an infraction against Virgin?

Basically, if he says anything nasty to you, that is what the infraction button is there for. This is why we don't have mods anymore, Andy gave us the power to decide if a user is being troublesome because he believed we would use it responsibly. If it happens again, click the infraction button.

I really have an aversion to putting an infraction on someone...not my style...but I just figured out I could put a user on ignore and I checked and it works so that is what I have done instead. I won't reply to him anymore but I also won't enable him and pretend what he is doing is OK.

I think there is someone with multiple usernames deliberately winding people up.

stu Wrote:I think there is someone with multiple usernames deliberately winding people up.

I have to admit that this thought has crossed my mind as well. In reading responses on some threads I have noticed that in at least one instance one poster replyed to a message directed to another poster as though he were that person.

Beaux Wrote:I have to admit that this thought has crossed my mind as well. In reading responses on some threads I have noticed that in at least one instance one poster replyed to a message directed to another poster as though he were that person.

PM me the other user names so I can ignore them too:biggrin:

East Wrote:PM me the other user names so I can ignore them too:biggrin:

lol

one laugh is too short of a post so have some more lol

Maybe Andy can control the live on server registered Ips ... that should show if 2 Users have the same IP....

fenris Wrote:Maybe Andy can control the live on server registered Ips ... that should show if 2 Users have the same IP....

Fen has it spot on. Just gotta take a look at the registration IPs. I suggest PMing someone who can talk to Andy outside of the forum the usernames that we think are the same person. Smile

GaySpeak is an awesome forum with wonderful people! I honestly love the website and the people, except for the troll, of course. You are right that we should stop with the insults and I would like to apologize to all of the users on here that I went off on Virgin the other day. I don't regret the action itself (never), but I am sorry if I may have created an unpleasant atmosphere with it.

I have never been pissed off by anyone or anything on here except for this one time. Sure, there always are the little things about some posts that may be a little irritating, but that a granted for a group of people and I try not to pay any attention to it. :]

I love ya, guys!

I'm sorry, but I am AGAIN being misunderstood.

My point is... sometimes we can judge a person without fully knowing everything that is going on. I posted my story not because I was soliciting advice, but someone else was asking advice and I thought perhaps sharing my own experiences could be something they could relate to and know they are not alone. I in turn did get unsolicited advice, which I understand people were just trying to help, but I did feel as if I was being judged for a choice I have decided to make and wasn't seeking any advice for or against. Yes, I probably should have done anon, but I was trying to help and the thought didn't cross my mind that people would give advice to me as opposed to the original poster.

It was that one and only time, and I was trying to say that even though I did feel a little judged, I know people were meaning to be helpful and didn't let that ruin my experiences here, and still have had fun and felt welcome interacting with the same members elsewhere. But I guess I was wrong, since once again I am being completely misunderstood and getting a reply that twists around my original intent.

Quote: But I guess I was wrong, since once again I am being completely misunderstood and getting a reply that twists around my original intent.

I could be wrong, but I think your taking this all too much to heart. I know that I wasnt refering to you in anyway in my post on this thread, and I dont really think that the intent of the original poster had anything to do with you at all.
This thread was (I believe) to address posters who have displayed undue hostility and vulgarity (you know who you are), and you simply dont fit that bill.
Your posts are always well thought out and I have never seen you attack another forum member.