Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stories from the ER
Im posting this for the first story these doctors are talking about.

Im like....REALLY? This man was THIS stupid?

http://on.aol.com/video/bizarre-cases-in...d%3D379832

I worked as an advisor on the UK Department of Health National AIDS Help Line, National Drugs Help Line and National Alcohol Help Line.

With our callers it wasn't so much what they had put up their arses but what they wanted to put in in their veins or mouths.

You can imagine what people want to stick in their veins and why - that needs no explanation. However, I once had a guy on the phone who's fetish involved licking the urinals and toilet seats in PUBLIC TOILETS/Rest Rooms.

He wondered if his constant sore throats were an indication of AIDS. Not to be pedantic, but it was my job to tell these people the difference between HIV and AIDS.

Nasty!

Vigilias Wrote:I worked as an advisor on the UK Department of Health National AIDS Help Line, National Drugs Help Line and National Alcohol Help Line.

With our callers it wasn't so much what they had put up their arses but what they wanted to put in in their veins or mouths.

You can imagine what people want to stick in their veins and why - that needs no explanation. However, I once had a guy on the phone who's fetish involved licking the urinals and toilet seats in PUBLIC TOILETS/Rest Rooms.

He wondered if his constant sore throats were an indication of AIDS. Not to be pedantic, but it was my job to tell these people the difference between HIV and AIDS.

Nasty!

I think I am officially sick to my stomach....for real.

haha I'm sure the urinal licking must have been a real treat =) I can't imagine where else that tongue has been. I work in a hospital laboratory and am shocked by some of the patients that enter those doors to the ER.

We get some real characters. From a teenager who claimed that he dropped a pair of magnets on his testicles (could not remove them and I can't imagine the pain) to a patient who held in his feces for 2 months and it came to the point where it was suffocating him. It can be a horror show in the ER. Makes it all the more interesting though!

Lunar Wrote:haha I'm sure the urinal licking must have been a real treat =) I can't imagine where else that tongue has been. I work in a hospital laboratory and am shocked by some of the patients that enter those doors to the ER.

We get some real characters. From a teenager who claimed that he dropped a pair of magnets on his testicles (could not remove them and I can't imagine the pain) to a patient who held in his feces for 2 months and it came to the point where it was suffocating him. It can be a horror show in the ER. Makes it all the more interesting though!

how do you hold your feces in for that long unless you are constipated?

wouldn't you shit yourself over night? guahhhh people.

I really love medical stuff, and I'd love to be a medic instead of my current job, however I would never want to be a doctor. The usual blood, gore, injuries and illnesses are fine. But this kind of stuff just makes me want to slap people.

Though I have seen stupid people in my line of work anyways.

cue in a person that purchased a fancy hunting knife overseas. He wanted to see how sharp it was. I am not sure if he is all there because how he decided to test it was by holding it 5 inches above his left thigh, and dropping it.

Turns out it was a really sharp knife and embedded about 2 inches into his leg.

He was also really annoyed that I didn't take it out, what am I a surgeon? who knows what damage I could do. it just got doughnut bandage and a field PIB, and a humorous trip to the surgeons.

I remember one of my friends had to go to ER because he took 5 special weed brownies before having sex with his girlfriend who is also my friend. The brownie that he had had 1 gram of weed per square of brownie, so he was pretty high. He had to call the ambulance because he was going paranoid and his heart rate was super high.