Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Straight Acting"
Fine, I am gay-acting, but I'm definitely not dressing up as a female and putting on a voice. I used to do that when I was 7 or something, to be funny in front of my mates, but when I turned 12 or something, I stopped. It's still childish, but I've got no problem with it as long as it's not bestowed upon me or in my way (i.e. I'm stereotyped).

I guess the 'wats' faded away and came out with decent responses- I'm lost for words.

s13ep Wrote:Fine, I am gay-acting, but I'm definitely not dressing up as a female and putting on a voice. I used to do that when I was 7 or something, to be funny in front of my mates, but when I turned 12 or something, I stopped. It's still childish, but I've got no problem with it as long as it's not bestowed upon me or in my way (i.e. I'm stereotyped).
So basically again, dressing up like a woman is childish? So women are childish?

subdivisions Wrote:So basically again, dressing up like a woman is childish? So women are childish?

Yes it is. Women are women. It can be argued that dressing up itself is childish. In a world where we do dress up, women dress and act like women, and men dress and act like men. You can probably win this argument, and probably will, but definitely not by taking the high ground...

You can't march blindly on, you have to accept the mirrored-image - the opposite view, at least in the slightest. Yes it is childish because, you put it on, you're playing, you're having fun, you're enjoying fantasies. Unlike sexuality, it's by choice. Is it fair for people, excuse my French, 'trapped' by their sexuality, to be associated with childish behaviour?

Someone needs to come off their high horse and also need to stop judging others on how they are. Since we are being blunt here... Your kinda acting like a judgemental prick and that really isnt a good first impression
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

Be prepared for a lonely life.

No matter how "straight acting" you act, the straights won't accept you, and the more anti-gay acting you are, the more the gays will not accept you.

In order to be accepting, you yourself have to be accepting. Humans come in many shapes, colors, characters, etc. etc. etc. As a single species it is remarkably diverse, and apparently it is a species that is so loath of diveristy that 1/3rd of the population starves, while 1/3rd are obese and the last third just don't have any fucks left to give.

THAT is how messed up the human species is.

The world is going to end because of indifference, but who cares?

It is all Us vs Them at every turn and level, everyone has their niche and spot and need to be "in" their crowd and lord forbid if anyone outside dares to want in.

Every bloody war has been fought because humans cannot, will not, perhaps are totally incapable of accepting that humans are diversity.

Its not going to end well for you, unless you can learn to not merely tolerate difference, but embrace infinite diversity in infinite combinations.

s13ep Wrote:Yes it is. Women are women. It can be argued that dressing up itself is childish. In a world where we do dress up, women dress and act like women, and men dress and act like men. You can probably win this argument, and probably will, but definitely not by taking the high ground...

You can't march blindly on, you have to accept the mirrored-image - the opposite view, at least in the slightest. Yes it is childish because, you put it on, you're playing, you're having fun, you're enjoying fantasies. Unlike sexuality, it's by choice. Is it fair for people, excuse my French, 'trapped' by their sexuality, to be associated with childish behaviour?

Sounds like you've got some shit to work on.

Has it occurred to you that people act the way they do because it is the way they are and feel comfortable that way? That it's an expression of themselves? Maybe for some it's "having fun" and "being childish" (wtf?) but for others, it's their method of expression.

The question is, why does it bother you so much? If you don't want to be judged by others, don't judge others. Simple concept, isn't it? I'm sad that you feel trapped and stereotyped, that's not right- but you might want to take a look at your own self to find some answers here.

My joke post aside: I'll be serious for a minute or two.
I used to think "gay acting" gays, you know "fruits" and the like, were bad. I thought, man, they're making all the "regular" (lol at that word now, looking back) gays look bad. It's because of them that people like me have to put up with so much shit! Why can't they just act "normal"?! Why can't they just be "straight acting"?

Why can't they? Because the majority are just being them fucking selves. I don't give a shit today if someone acts like a total flamer. You want to dress like a god damn drag queen? AWESOME! You want to walk around with a limp wrist and a lisp that just screams "I suck dick"? GREAT! You want to "pretend" to be straight and cover up your homosexuality as much as possible because you're afraid of what others might think? Fuck. You. I have NO respect for those who try and cover up their sexuality unless they'll be outright killed for it. I am not saying wear the fact that you are gay on your sleeve, but trying to "act straight"? Yeah, what the fuck does that even mean? Some "straight" guys I know beat on their spouses and girlfriends. Is that cool because they "act straight"? What the hell is straight acting? Just not having a lisp and limp wrist? Are we going to determine our friends based on their personality and how they act, when it is in no way dangerous to themselves or others? THAT is childish.

Shit like this, of gays "hating" on other gays because of how they act is a bigger fucking problem than anything else. We're already a minority, why not embrace and love those of us who don't do anything to truly make us look bad? Does a drag queen or someone who acts like a total flamer damage our reputation more than a "straight acting" gay guy who abuses drugs and murdered ten people? I don't care how a person acts/what their personality is. If you're a good person with good values and have your shit together, I'll give you a chance. I'm not going to push anyone to the side just because they "act gay". I will however, quickly push people aside who think "straight acting" is a viable thing and something there is a need for.

You guys just want you hole filled in.

Didn't read anyway, read the first line and realized it was self/sex-induced drivel. Go on Grindr and try it on with some 'straight-acting', see what replies you get - but you're already used to that, right? lol

When you try it on with a 'straight-acting' guy on Grindr, what replies do you get? Thinking back to the real world - you're not their type. STOP FUCKING FORCING IT UPON THEM THEN. You just want your hole filled in; you chase these types even though most of them hate you.

I'm out of this shit hole. If it's filled with people like this, I'm glad to go.

s13ep Wrote:You guys just want you hole filled in.

Didn't read anyway, read the first line and realized it was self/sex-induced drivel. Go on Grindr and try it on with some 'straight-acting', see what replies you get - but you're already used to that, right? lol

Congratulations! You have officially been written off as a complete and utter ASS and not worth the air it would take to reply, nor the energy it takes to continue reading your hate-monger bullshit.

*Hits ignore on your ass.*

PS: You see that big ass dude up there named [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] ? That's mine. Has been for 7 years now and counting. And all I had to do to get him (and keep him) was be myself. Maybe you should try it sometime. Because it's glaringly obvious the "straight acting" bullshit you're touting isn't working for you so far.

*Flips you off on the way out.*