Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight Guy?
Ok so here is the situation. There is this guy at school I've known for over 3 years, we've always had a friendly relationship. I'm fairly certain he's straight since he's in the track, very athletic, sounds straight, and 'acts' straight. (Yes, I know there are guys who arent stereotypical, hence the question). But to be fair, all of my gay friends have said they are 80 to 90 percent sure he is straight. However, every time I'm around him I just smile and turn into a clutz, whatever. I've caught him looking a few times, and can't even look back. Tonight he was in our store, and he must realize by now that everytime I'm around him I act like a school girl. Well he smiled at me and looked me in the eyes until I averted my gaze. Ok, enough story.

If I knew he was gay, I'd have no problems asking him out. However, I'm not certain. And I want to ask him if he is gay or at least playing on both sides of the fence. Problem is that I don't see him often and the easiest way is to talk via facebook chat. So...does anybody have advice about how to tactfully ask someone if they are straight or not, whether it be over facebook chat or face to face?

I'd rather not text him asking to meet me, that would seem sort of strange and jumping the gun :/ (For the record I've had the hots for him for about three years now)

Thanks!

Write him a letter (anonymous or nott) telling him your feelings.

Ask him if he has a girlfriend.

OrphanPip Wrote:Ask him if he has a girlfriend.

^^ this.

Yes, that is one of the best questions to ask him. Trust me, dude. I say go with OrphanPip's advice. Confusedmile:

OrphanPip Wrote:Ask him if he has a girlfriend.

True, but if he doesnt have a girlfriend you still are no further forward with knowing if he is gay - unless of course you then ask if he has a boyfriend, and even then a 'no' will give you no more information.

I like a joke that has been repeated over and over on this forum a lot :

Kiss him.
If he closes his eyes then he is gay
If he closes your eyes and he is straight@@

I get a bit confused about questions like this. What's wrong with going out somewhere as friends? Straight guys do that, you know! Wink Then you take the opportunity to chat and find out about each other.

juk Wrote:True, but if he doesnt have a girlfriend you still are no further forward with knowing if he is gay - unless of course you then ask if he has a boyfriend, and even then a 'no' will give you no more information.

Haha, true enough, but unless they're boring and give out one word answers to question, that question will usually instigate them talking about their relationship history to some extent. It's also a much more polite way to give someone an opening to admit to being gay rather than asking outright.

Just ask him, when it comes to datng, does he prefer girls, guys or both. If he ask you why do you want to know, just say I'm curious. he might be honest with you. once you ask the question, don't presue it. If he's interested he will let you know.

Thank you everyone! I unfortunately won't see him for a good 3 to 6 days, but I've definitely done some thinking on the matter, with the great advice from here of course Wink. Well, here's to hoping for the best! I wish I could respond to everyon here, but I just finished a massive paper, so my fingers are about to fall out. Thanks again, and peace out! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: