Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight People just don't get it.
You seem to be making a broad generalisation based upon your offence at someone else's broad generalisation... (maybe I misread it)

abcd1234 Wrote:I'm not generalizing straight people.That was my observation that not all straight guys court the girl like she says and not all gay men have one night stands.

Read the title of the thread out loud. Then read the last two sentences of your first post out loud. Then get back to me.

Lex

Maybe you're suggesting that I'm being hypocritical and giving my opinion on how straight guys act just like she's doing with gay guys.That's the only thing I can figure out.It's just that her assumptions were not accurate. The way she said that about the guy courting the girl she made it sound like a fairy tale romance as that might have been the case in the 1940s.And then she made it sound like the gay life was unstable and very rare that gay relationships last and I still say it depends on the individuals involved.

East Wrote:Hell...I wish she was right...nothing like fucking and then getting to know someone...it is the best way to go about it IMO...
[COLOR="Magenta"]
She is a dollar short and a day late though...a lot of gays are now doing the homonormative thing...dating and marriage.....UGH..[/COLOR].

East, I think of this sort of thing as an effort to be accepted, like some version of "look at me,I am SO responsible and respectable." It's OK if that is what they want to do, but it doesn't really get any points in my book, particularly since the originators of that model seem to have such a bad time at keeping it going. "Let's fuck." seems so simple and workable.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:East, I think of this sort of thing as an effort to be accepted, like some version of "look at me,I am SO responsible and respectable." It's OK if that is what they want to do, but it doesn't really get any points in my book, particularly since the originators of that model seem to have such a bad time at keeping it going. "Let's fuck." seems so simple and workable.

...and look at me..29 years later...happily partnered and monogamous. We have had straight conservative Republicans on more than one occasion who have asked us how to keep a relationship alive ...our secrets...they ask for tips....

I had a total of 4 relationships...all started with fucking one night. I hear people now lamenting and gasping over the whole thing like it is some kind of nightmare....uh...OK....

....but the same people often ask when/where/how when it comes to a relationship...

They rule out bars and they rule out fucking right away...yet every one of the long term couples I know...and there are more than you think...they all started out fucking....and most met in bars...

People now say it has to "mean something"...well...fucking meant something to me...it meant I was having great sex and really enjoying the connection and sexual chemistry with the guy I was with....

When I leave this plane...I will be smiling....and I don't regret much because I pretty much acted on all of my desires...another new "no-no"....sorry....no chastity belt for me......

abcd1234 Wrote:Maybe you're suggesting that I'm being hypocritical and giving my opinion on how straight guys act just like she's doing with gay guys.That's the only thing I can figure out.It's just that her assumptions were not accurate....

....and yours were, yes yes, got it. Although you seem to be trying to play both sides of the street at the same time. That "boy meets girl" is a fairytale/TV show fantasy, and that gay couples achieve it. It can't be both. Smile

And I'm with East. Lots of gay guys fuck around a lot. As we get older, and get less interested in that, we tend to settle down. Sometimes that means getting into a monogamous relationship, and sometimes that means getting into a open relationship (to whatever degree), and sometimes that just means not hooking up as often as we used to. I do think you'll find a higher percentage of gay guys in non-monogamous relationships, but that doesn't mean WE're the ones who are doing it wrong.

Lex

I don't know.I'm just saying for me I would like a monogamous relationship.Nothing beats having that one special person in your life who gives you unconditional love and who doesn't fuck around on you.I don't like sharing my man with anyone.I don't believe in open relationships because true love should be one on one. I don't know why people fuck around on their partners.If you truly love that person you won't do anything to jeopardize that.Maybe some people want to have their cake and eat it too.I really don't know what goes through their heads.Maybe some people are afraid of commitment or are emotionally immature to be faithful to one person.I could keep guessing until the cows come home and still never figure it out.It's just that I felt bad because she made it seem that she was more at an advantage being a straight woman and finding traditional love than I would be as a gay man where,in her opinion, relationships are far and few between.Meanwhile this woman is divorced and everybody who she dated afterward was dysfunctional in some way and didn't treat her right and now she's presently alone.

matty7 Wrote:I doubt straight people care what gay people are like unless the press tells them , I work with tons of straight guys and I bet not many could tell me the name of the women they had sex with last week , and the women could not name them either - thank god im not like that ...would hate to have that life style
You'd hate it even more because you're not wired that way, are you?

no mate... not wired that way .. I guess it would be more fun if I was....many more partners who I know nothing about,,,just not me

matty7 Wrote:no mate... not wired that way .. I guess it would be more fun if I was....many more partners who I know nothing about,,,just not me

I think you are great the way you are matty, always stay true to yourself mt8.