Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight coworker flirts me at work
So there is this new guy (he's very much my type and extremely nice) started working at my workplace recently. Everyone at work was asking me why is he flirting with me, and asked me if he's gay. I honestly felt he was really flirting with me, but I cannot tell if he's gay or straight. My other coworker (a bold gay older guy) asked right out if he's gay and he said he's straight. I was a little disappointed because I was liking the attention he was giving me and not my other coworkers. lol

Anyway, I find it cruel for straight boys teasing gay boys this way. (People can usually tell I'm gay...tho I guess some guys don't think about it or assume it since I am not gay gay. And I work in the hospitality industry....tons of gay ppl working where I work). The most cruel thing is I think he knows his effect on me! lol

So what is your point of view on straight guys teasing/flirting with a gay guy?

before i can give you my golden advise Wink , i need to ask first... exaclty, how does he flirt with you?

But you have a bf? Why do you care then? Big Grin

This guy shouldn't mean anything since you're committed to someone in your life, he may be pulling your leg. It's possible that he's only doing it for the lulz. I think it's sorta funny how a straight guy is messing with you. Remember, it's just a joke. You shouldn't take it seriously at all.

nice of the old guy to ask if he was gay....not!

I had this at work and the guy was so sexy,you can either think you stand a chance ,so give him all the power or play him at his own game,I took the first route but when I saw he was just a tase,I started to play along,playing along with it was the better option,you need to be careful though as he might freak out if you go too far.

invis85 Wrote:So what is your point of view on straight guys teasing/flirting with a gay guy?

Teasing can be cruel but flirting can be harmless fun. I think it's great that straight guys are relaxed enough to do it with gay guys.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

i've had str8 guys get crushes on me before, usually it happens after they've hung out with me a few months and their feeling withdrawal from the girlz, most of the time I just turn em down sweetly with jokes or if theyre dropping hints that they're 'curious' suddenly I'll pretend to be obvlivious...unless I'm interested haha.

Whoops sorry guys. I broke up two months ago and never realized i needed to change my status on the forum lol

Anyway. The way he flirts...or just being overly friendly, is for example, he would look at me ALL THE TIME. He also once mouthed 'How are you' across the office when he caught me looking at him. lol He also started rubbing my arms recently when he walked by and said Hi.

Who said I am being serious about this? It is actually funny and interesting! haha Not that he's messing with me, but having so much attention from a nice, good-looking guy feels great, even when he's straight!

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of flirting, just don't get your hopes up haha.

He's a tease