Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight gay now not to sure??
Hi everyone, hope someone can give me some decent advice on this? I'm 40 and was straight up until about 4 years ago. So obviously since then i've been dating guys madly thinking recently that i'm gay and not remotely bi at all? I've been in one 18 month relationship with a guy and recently an on and off relationship for the past 5 months, not really knowing if it's worth pursuing since i seem to be the one making any effort. However i was in hospital today for day surgery and a very straight talking cute 24 year old nurse hit on me big time and gave me her phone number and wants to see me! I was very surprised and very flattered, and am also extremely interested but am slightly apprehensive due to my gay activity over the last 4 years. All my family and close friends and workmates know about my sexual exploits of late, however this doesn't help the situation. If i see this girl and things progress as i'd like them to, i'm going to have to tell her about myself! I was hoping someone might have some answers as to how i go about this or better still any experience in the matter?

Ain't sexuality sometimes a bitch!

There's a reason some people say that life begins at forty. For me it was around the time when I finally realised that I prefer men to women and had to acknowledge that I felt most comfortable identifying myself as "gay" (I know it's not important to some people, but it was to me). Based on my own experience I can only assume it works the other way for some people too.

If you are bisexual, good luck to you. It sounds like both the best and the worst of all possible worlds to me. However complicated it may be to explain yourself to family and friends it would be a shame to pass up the opportunity of developing a relationship with a very special someone. I would suggest that you don't leave it too long to spring any surprises on her though. If you get around to discussing previous relationships, don't be shy that you've had boyfriends too. At least it gives her a clue as to the territory she's getting into and, who knows, she may even like it Wink