Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange SCAM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I've just received this SCAM, one of many I receive every week. I do wonder why it was sent to me though since I don't live in Atlanta, not even in the USA. And why do SCAMMERS always ask your age, occupation and marital statusm and how could a diplomat be stuck at an airport. These people must think we're all stupid:

Attn Beneficiary

Please send the diplomat who is stranded at Hatfield-Atlanta Airport your address where to make your delivery. His name is John Mike and he arrived at Hatfield-Atlanta Airport three days ago with your package and he will need to proceed to your address. Please E-mail him your Phone number and all identities that will help him for smooth delivery. The bellow is his contact. Don't let him know the content because it contains

7.2 millions USA DOLLAR
Email ([email protected])

Your country_______
Your phone numbers_________
Your age ___________
Your occupation________
Marital statue-

Dr. EMEKA AZOR
DHL DIRECTOR[
/FONT]

I like how that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Especially: "The bellow is his contact"

I have to go to the airport to look for a diplomat carrying some bellows?

Seems legit.

How could I not be convinced lol.
I like the Hatfield Atlanta Airport. It's where all the diplomats fly to bring me my millions.

That's even worse than the Nigerian prince email that was going around a few years back. Have some pride scammers.

Richard

Hi Londoner
It is basically “justifiable junk”, designed to make the notification look official, and to fill it with mumbo-jumbo to confuse the recipient.

Then they flood the same notification to literally thousands and thousands of people and wait for a reply

Those who do reply are then sent through a computerized filtering program that triggers on key word responses and are sorted into 2 categories.The more info they can garnish the more accurate the filter.

People who won't fall for it but respond therefore the mailing list is active which are then sold (The don't give a hoot if you are abusive in your response, they still gonna make money out of you.

Candidates that are likely to be scammed

Then like a bleeding call center they get in touch with these people

The scam usually operates in the following way: -

The money is there but they need some kind of deposit paid or customs clearance and the guy does not have the deposit yackity yack.

Once the bucks are handed over, the whole thing then goes belly up.

Remember, there are a lot of people out there who through ignorance / greed / desperate / do not know better.

They are probably running the same scam on hundreds of people simultaneously

Do the maths. If but, what? 1% of the operation brings a return… That’s big bucks and they still sell the mailing List.

My advice
Delete….. Delete…… Delete….. Delete…… Delete….. Delete…… Delete….. Delete……

PS
It is a good thing that this is discussed openly, It may help one of us to not get scammed. Perhaps this should be a "sticky"?

Trial by error

I do delete but not before I report them. In this instance, to Yahoo. http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ymail/spam.html

When I was 18 I got a check in the mail. Looked totally legit and I was stupid enough to fall for it. Its a good thing my bank didn't or I would have been in a world of trouble.