Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street preachers vs gays
Ok guys, I don't want to offend anyone or raise controversy but I just came across a series of YouTube videos that I find extremely entertaining: street preachers vs gays.

Sometimes it's the preacher that misbehaves, this one was detestable and totally unchristian:

But sometimes it's the gay guys (these two didn't even allow him to speak):

I believe this guy is a celebrity in Canada, it's clearly a provocation to go preaching during a gay parade but I guess it's his right:

The underlying issue with them all MIsterLove is the same one I pushed with you on your thread in which you gave videos of people claiming to have seen hell as proof of the existence of hell. ----- People should be able to defend their actions, what they believe and what they say or otherwise they will do, say and believe things that are indefensible.

If you take a note pad and view the three videos and keep up with every statement made by the so called christians you will see word out of their lips is purely indefensible. They cannot defend one thing they say against gays without making a series of other claims they also cannot defend as proof of the first indefensible statement.

The scientific term for this is "Fumb duckers spewing total shullbit." Nothing they say is in any way attached to or dependent on reality. It's not only christians who do this. It's a prevalent behaviour in all attempts to sway popular opinions and gain support for political or social objectives. This morning I had to give a young progressive zealot a humiliation in another forum for spouting off totally indefensible bullshit about gun ownership in the USA. It's not only christians I attack for this mentality. It's not so much an attack on anyone as it is a defense for truths none of them find convenient to deal with.

1st one annoyed my sensitive ears...

2nd made me laugh my ass off...

3rd made me smile as that preacher was taking the bait...

Have pity on these poor close-minded preachers RoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao

Rofl Rofl Rofl

Attempting to engage with insane people makes you do insane things.

Meh.

It is SO indefensible that it has become boring. Next...
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Occasionally when I was on my way to work at the gay nightclub there would be church folks protesting outside..late 70s/early 80s. I had to walk through them to get in the door.

I was grateful to them for showing me the "truth"...and that truth was...JUST IN CASE they were right and they are going to be the folks that populate heaven...I know for certain that I wouldn't want to spend eternity with them...or even five minutes.

I love clarity.....

BlueStar Wrote:3rd made me smile as that preacher was taking the bait...

Guy #3 is actually very reasonable. There are videos of him in which people actually have a civilized conversation. He's called David Lynn and you can see him here discussing the 'hate sin, love the sinner' doctrine:

MisterLove Wrote:Guy #3 is actually very reasonable. There are videos of him in which people actually have a civilized conversation. He's called David Lynn and you can see him here discussing the 'hate sin, love the sinner' doctrine:

Great example of a Fumb Ducker spewing Shullbit. Thanks for posting it MisterLove. The minister starts off quoting the bible as his sole source for all the shullbit he has to say against gay people. In other words --- he can defend nothing he believes does or says without founding them in a compilation done in the 4th century after jesus that is completely without historical evidence to support even one of the major events crucial to its narrative. In other words for anyone to accept any argument he makes against gays we must first assume that the entire bible is the word of god, written by god and that burning bushes, donkeys and snakes talk.

Calling him 'reasonable' is an insult to reason.

memechose Wrote:[...] People should be able to defend their actions, what they believe and what they say or otherwise they will do, say and believe things that are indefensible.
[...]

Sweetie, I don't want to start a debate on religion but this is not a question of being defensible or indefensible, logical or illogical. If you truly want to embrace God, you just have to trust Him and make certain sacrifices, even if you don't always understand or agree with what the Bible says.

MisterLove Wrote:Sweetie, I don't want to start a debate on religion but this is not a question of being defensible or indefensible, logical or illogical. If you truly want to embrace God, you just have to trust Him and make certain sacrifices, even if you don't always understand or agree with what the Bible says.

This assumes the Bible is the Word of God, which is begging the question. How do you know it's not the Koran instead? Or that God/dess is explained in any book written and translated over and over (often for political reasons) rather than something in nature, for example?

An ex-girlfriend of mine believes that if there is a God/dess then this divine being is found in higher mathematics. That certainly makes more sense to me than "the Bible."

Oh! And saying the Bible is the Word of God is often circular reasoning, too...or maybe it's circular questioning by skeptics? You decide!

Roflmao