Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street preachers vs gays
I saw this a few days ago. This conversation reminded me of it.

[Image: circular-reasoning.jpg]

What about leviticus 20/13.

MikeW Wrote:Attempting to engage with insane people makes you do insane things.

Meh.

My mother gave me the greatest advice when I was a child - Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience LOL.

johnny196775 Wrote:What about leviticus 20/13.

Here's a better explanation than "lardgawdsedit"
http://gayspeak.com/showpost.php?p=463271&postcount=63

MisterLove Wrote:But sometimes it's the gay guys (these two didn't even allow him to speak):

So what? We constantly have to hear accusations from christians about how atheists are always forcing their beliefs on everyone, but how is this preacher spewing his christian bile, vomit, and shit on those passing by any different? It is justifying bigotry with a bible and that is twisted and demented. I will defend any hater like this preacher or even that of klan leader from not having that their right to speak not infringed from a government, but that has nothing to do with those who respond, because they have the same right to speak as does he. And by the way, he never stopped speaking loud and clear, so those guys in no way prevented him from doing so. That preacher is not a good or moral person. He's a piece of crap.

All these preachers screaming about hell, I figure they're already in it. Standing on a street corner, yelling at people, trying to tell them how to be, that's my notion of hell.

StingRay Wrote:I saw this a few days ago. This conversation reminded me of it.

<napkin religion image removed for blasphemy>

The correct religion is Mormon. Said so on a South Park episode. Guess I'm going to hell.

Dont forget I came from Central Alabama. From means I escaped. You dont even know what crazy preachers and crazier church goers are like until you go there for awhile. Down there southwest of Montgomery if you offend one of them all of them turn on you. Thats when crazy petty crap starts happening like them slitting tires or breaking windows out of cars or trucks. Dead animals in your front yard. If you live out where you dont have neighbors they might ride by and shoot at your house. Call the law and they always say it was thugs and not the holy rollin hoodlums of god. Im not talking black-white racism either. All the black-white religious nuts stick together down there.

You can listen to a hundred of them and never hear one new word out of their mouths. Its all the same stupid lies and 'gawdsedit' line of crap.

Camfer Wrote:All these preachers screaming about hell, I figure they're already in it. Standing on a street corner, yelling at people, trying to tell them how to be, that's my notion of hell.

I can't take them seriously (I take very little seriously anymore; I usually know when something is worth being serious about, and most of life isn't). I look at these guys as performance art. Some of them could be great background extras in a Tarantino film.

Pix Wrote:This assumes the Bible is the Word of God, which is begging the question. [...]

Honey I didn't want to start a debate on religion and I don't want to offend anyone's beliefs on GS but I have no doubt whatsoever that the Bible really is the word of God.

No other book has passed the test of time like the Bible did; it is and always will be important and relevant. The mere fact that we're here discussing it shows it.

Then there's what I call its literary quality. No other work of literature is comparable to the Bible, not even the greatest works of Shakespeare or Homer. It is the most profound, complex, ambitious, beautiful and meaningful book ever written and that's because it was written by God, not by men.

Finally, there's the ethical reason. The ethical principles defended on the Bible are the right ones and if we lived by them, we would have Heaven on earth. Sadly we don't and that's why our world is a mess.

Just remember what Jesus said about forgiveness: But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you (Matthew 5:44) A wiser thing has never been said. Just imagine if everyone would put this into practice.