Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength to come out
flyboy Wrote:My friends. I guess i dont want the rest of my family to find out. But how do i get rumors going?

Who is the rest of your family? If you are referring to brothers and sisters then gossip would likely reach their ears too. If you are referring to aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. then so long as they didn't live close by or have close friends in the area then gossip probably wouldn't reach their ears but there is no guarantee.

As for how you get the rumours going, that's easy. Choose someone who likes to gossip and you are on friendly terms with. Tell her/him that you are gay and give her/him encouragement to tell people. The other issue I ought to mention is that close friends may be upset that you did not tell them yourself, so you might want to do that before setting off the gossip.

P.S. Just to be clear I am not advising you to use gossip as a means of outing yourself. I am just suggesting something to consider.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

sweetlad2010 Wrote:Another mate thinks I'm gay but as I drink Real Ales he dosent really care

Sexuality doesn't matter, but good taste in beer does. I like the guy already!
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Who is the rest of your family? If you are referring to brothers and sisters then gossip would likely reach their ears too. If you are referring to aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. then so long as they didn't live close by or have close friends in the area then gossip probably wouldn't reach their ears but there is no guarantee.

As for how you get the rumours going, that's easy. Choose someone who likes to gossip and you are on friendly terms with. Tell her/him that you are gay and give her/him encouragement to tell people. The other issue I ought to mention is that close friends may be upset that you did not tell them yourself, so you might want to do that before setting off the gossip.

P.S. Just to be clear I am not advising you to use gossip as a means of outing yourself. I am just suggesting something to consider.

By 'the rest of my family' i mean cousins, aunts, uncles and the like. But I have a feeling that once even a small mention of it comes from my parents, its gonna blow out of proportion. My family has a way of making a big deal out of every situation and is a boiling pot for gossip. They could probably make a tv show from all the drama that happens in my family.

Yeah, id rather tell my close friends personally. At least itll show them that they mean more to me. But for the rest, let the gossip fly Tongue

I think (hope) that my friends are catching on to it. But i have a feeling that im delivering the jokes in too comfortable of a manner for them to believe that i really mean it. Even when they say that im gay, i just brush it off like it doesnt bother me, which it honestly doesnt.