Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strictly top or bottom?
Hey,

I am a person who sexually prefers an exclusive role too. I totally understand why. It's hard to explain it, though.

But BobinTampa is correct about the imbalance of Top & Bottom out in the world. What if all the total Tops are taken? Then the remaining bottoms can't find love?
If the bottom dates someone versatile, wouldn't the versatile partner not be fully sexually satisfied in the long-run? I mean, if you don't top often, you probably won't be good at it even if you top for him lol

I understand what some say about we should know the person before the sex role. But I think in the long-run, sex role is really important..so knowing it early on in dates is a plus.

For me it's the same as being with a woman. Could I have sex with a woman, possibly if I maintain an erection but I'll hate it.

Same if im topping I don't like it and probably lose erection.

It's not close minded, you just know what you like. Some guys are bottoms only. They simply don't enjoy topping. You can't blame them for being specific to what they want

Yeah it's very hard to find someone who is only top though. It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I have only topped once in my life and while it wasn't really not enjoyable it was kind of awkward because it was pre-transition and though I think I could probably top again I am really more comfortable with bottoming. But I will not bottom a bottom and if I am to top again someday it would have to be with someone much more of a bottom than myself. I've had this conversation with a variety of people and they all kinda think my preferences are a bit odd.

Agree with Gaydude3, it's hard to find a strictly top.

For a person like I am who has only had a handful of sexual partners and therefore don't "practice" the other sexual roles, I sometimes think I would be trapped if, like, 10 or 20 years, I can't find any strictly top...and I am not "skilled" at being a top to find someone to enjoy sex in a relationship with! Oh gosh I'm screwed lol

I'm vers, but i prefer to bottom. I've found that the more you want to stick to the Top/ Bottom roles...the less guys you're going to meet. So many more guys are finding that while they have a prefered role, they're finding that flipping it from time to time can be equally stimulating. :tongue:

I agree it's harder to meet guys when you have strict roles. It's also awkward to ask without going out a bit but st the same time you don't wanna waste time.

Gaydude3 Wrote:I feel like a minority and people tell me I'm being closed minded but I have a strong preference and want exclusive roles in a relationship. I don't like the idea of versatility.

Is there anyone else out there who gets that for me position and role is like an orientation and I don't want to have to do something I'm not into?

I've read this before - hmm. Many times before.

This is to say I have personally read this question posted by others on other forums asking pretty much the same thing you ask.

I see no problem with you having a strong feeling on this matter. It is important to you and this makes it valid for you.

True just don't want to alienate a potentially great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk